Frida Kahlo Documentary on PBS

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Frida Kahlo Documentary on PBS

Postby davidk6 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:57 am

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

Great documentary

Postby davidk6 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:53 am

Saw it last night; really good. I recommend it highly.
Dave
Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:37 am

I saw the last 2/3 of it last night late. It is interesting comparing the more scholarly PBS work with the recent Salma Hayek, Frida!

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?mov ... kid=181026

Did you notice the cool, brightly colored, modern house that Rivera and Kahhlo built in the outskirts of Mexico City? It had a cactus fence! It is actually two houses, his and hers, connected by a rooftop bridge. Frita could lock the door to keep Diego out when he or she was being bad. And they were bad alot!

I did not know that she had an affair with Isamu Noguchi!

And he had an affair with her sister. Ouch!

The house was published in an early edition of GA Houses.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:23 pm

I tuned in at the moment a camera was doing a right-to-left pan (in b+w) past a stone house (?) with large areas of metal-framed glazing. . .

Period, end.

SDR :roll:

TwinJim
Modern Socialite

Postby TwinJim » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:38 pm

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”