Atomic Era Hairdos

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matt Deckard
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Atomic Era Hairdos

Postby Matt Deckard » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:42 pm

So do any of you ladies out their sport the hairdos of the jet set era?

I was at the club au-go-go dance Saturday and saw plenty of groovy chicks in their gitchy threads and 60's hairdos. As a guy a put in some mineral oil and comb it back then put on my hat, though as girls I suppose you have a lot more work at hand.

ImageImage
Looking for my Emma Peel.

END OF LINE.
www.mattdeckard.com

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:02 pm

Kim Novak; Liz and Warren? What did they do thogether?

Don't get me started on Kim -- her white-polka-dotted Kelly green outfit, etc etc, in "Vertigo". . .

Oh, this is about hair -- sorry. Rage on!

Bender horny. . .
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:12 pm

Haberdashery alert -- unauthorized discussion about footwear over on Aisle Eleven -- proceed immediately to:

"Residential" "New MCM Construction. . .possible?"

Assistant Agent Bender

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:20 pm

Are you drinking Bender? :cheers2:
SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

sid
Modern Master

Postby sid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:21 pm

Or, are you just rack'n up the posts to hit 1000 ASAP!
SID

MISSING my long and straight beams, stretching from the outside and piercing through the interior and back out again; seeing it all in one glance! WOW, it was gorgeous!

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:12 pm

Don't know how long I've got -- burning the candle at both ends!

(Boy, it's hell running from room to room like this. . .)

Bender :cheers:

modchick65
Modern Fan

Postby modchick65 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:33 pm

Save Wildwood, NJ!!

Matt Deckard
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Matt Deckard » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:51 pm

Emma Peel flip huh... you have to show a pic if you have one.

To bad about the hair stylist. I guess when a woman finds the right one it is like finding gold. I used to think men's barbers were all the same when I went to get my hair cut, then I decided to change my look to that Jeff Bridges/Preston Tucker style that was big through the 30's to the 50's. Long on top and short on the sides. No barber was ever able to get it right until I found an old Marine in Monrovia who knew exactly what I was talking about. now I can't go to another barber

My hair is a bit too long now, I'm do for a trim.

END OF LINE.

www.mattdeckard.com

Matt Deckard
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Matt Deckard » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:22 pm

ImageImage

I don't envy the work they have to go through to keep the hairdos together, though It does look rad

END OF LINE.

www.mattdeckard.com

Cherry Capri
Modern Socialite

Postby Cherry Capri » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:57 pm

Well now how could I resist this thread?

I typically wear my hair in a 1960s style flip. It takes about a half a can of Aquanet each time I get it done.

I was so excited to be hostessing the latest Shag reception in Palm Springs that I went a little overboard with the teasing comb here:

Here it is not so teased with a looser curl for a casual hang with friend Charles Phoenix

I had a special "wiglet" with extra curls made to match my natural flaming red locks. I bobby pin it to my own hair on top of my head.
I save the wiglet for extra special occasions.... Like helping the Millionaire (of Combustible Edison fame) listen to some tunes on the headphones - yah that's all we're doing... oh those darn paparazzi...

Or like having cocktails with artist Mark Ryden and his artist wife Marion Peck. (Apparently the girl behind us was not impressed with the wiglet)

Of course, after I've been partying with our own Nathan in Las Vegas, it tends to get a bit messy...

Matt Deckard
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Matt Deckard » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:01 am

Cherry looks merry in hair she can carry.

Good shots! That hair spray must get awfully expensive.

I like seeing someone sportin' the high hair.

Dorris used to do it, though she doesn't seem to have your panache.
Last edited by Matt Deckard on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

END OF LINE.

www.mattdeckard.com

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:31 am

NOBODY has Cherry's panache. . .or, if they do, they should give it back, IMMEDIATELY!

Bender :cheers:

Matt Deckard
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Matt Deckard » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:50 am

END OF LINE.

www.mattdeckard.com

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:04 am

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

And who can forget

Postby modfan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:14 pm

All the wigs and extensions from Martha Mitchell wife of Nixon era Attorney General. We used to have a campus proctor in high school who did her hair in that style. I'm sure someone on here can google up some images.

LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

Postby LAOperaMan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:08 pm

Hey Cherry, Who's Yo Mamma!?

Last edited by LAOperaMan on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

sumu
Modern Master

Postby sumu » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:12 pm

Marlo - I wanted to look like her, when I was 6. And get gogo boots.

LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

Postby LAOperaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:47 am

Watch less Television (save for the Food Network and PBS), go to more art museums, listen to NPR, attend more Theatre and Opera, and you will be a better person!!!!!!!
DO IT NOW!!!!!!

tikifish
Modern Socialite

Postby tikifish » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:58 am

From an old hairdressing book I had - Galaxy of Styles!

Midlife Modern
Modern Socialite

hair

Postby Midlife Modern » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:07 am

I love your book tiki! I am experiencing a weird form of nostalgia from seeing those pics.

They bring back the smell of the copius amounts of hairspray needed to keep these architectural miracles from collapsing.

As an aspiring teenage at the age of 10 & I had first hand experience in sleeping on those rollers too. Yuck!
:?

Retrovixen
Modern Fan

Postby Retrovixen » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:48 am

This is my stylin' 'do. Admittedly, not as fabulous as Miss Cherry Capri (then again, who is?), but it's a start!

"Everyone makes fun of the Puupli kids. How I hate them." - Lisa Simpson

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:42 am

ooo - retrovixen has a chococat avatar!!!

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”