How to pronounce Googie

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

How to pronounce Googie

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:45 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Eugene, Oregon?

Postby Joe » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:11 am

Wow! The City of Eugene wants a definition of Googie? Why?

Eugene boomed in the 50s and 60s and has several examples of Googie architecture and signage. Unfortunately, today's trend is to tear down and build new (yes, the same stucco strip mall crap as witnessed by our neighbors to the south). Home of the University of Oregon Architecture School, Eugene was a hotbed of modern architecture with many custom post & beam homes built in the 50s and 60s in the south hills and Ferry St. Bridge sections of town.

California architect Cliff May even built about 40 of his tract homes in the Ferry St. Bridge area, including mine!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”