Dear Cherry in CA MODERNISM

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cherry Capri
Modern Socialite

Dear Cherry in CA MODERNISM

Postby Cherry Capri » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 am

Dear Friends,

I am so exicited because I have been asked me to do a Question & Answer column ALA "DEAR ABBY" for the new CA Modern magazine (from Eichler Network).
http://www.eichlernetwork.com/ENCookin.html#camodern

So if you have an Mid Century Modern living/lifestyle question please post it here (although you'll have to read the magazine for the answer!) The questions may be on anything from entertaining to decorating or beyond...

The sky's the limit folks. Just think of the things you would ask Martha Stewart if she lived in an Eichler!

Cheers!
~CC

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SDR » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:53 pm

Dear Cherry -- What a fabbulous career move ! Hope evvabody chimes in with those decor and MidMod Living questions. . .

SDR :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:04 pm

Dear Cherry,

Is there such a thing as an appropriate ceiling fan for a modern home? So often I've found them to be too oak/wicker-tacky or severe/eighties-blah.

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:07 pm

Dear Cherry,

I have a beautiful Thomas Kinkade print that I'd like to hang in my Eichler home. Do you have any suggestions on suitable framing or where I should hang it for the best display?

;^)

LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

Postby LAOperaMan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:43 am

Dearest Cherry,

I went a friend's party and he had music picked out for the entire evening on a looped CD. However, after the first pass of this music, we (my fellow guests and I) got antsy and wanted to dance the night away. I have actually been to other parties where the music has seemed wholely inappropriate. So my question is... How can one get away with changing music at someone else's party?

Viva l'Opera!
Watch less Television (save for the Food Network and PBS), go to more art museums, listen to NPR, attend more Theatre and Opera, and you will be a better person!!!!!!!
DO IT NOW!!!!!!

Cherry Capri
Modern Socialite

Postby Cherry Capri » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 am

Wow - it's been ages since I've visited here. I just wanted to let you all know that I am still writing my bi-monthly advice column for CA Mod Magazine. And I still need your questions!

I am also writing a "Dear Cherry" column for Tiki Magazine AND Java's Bachelor Pad Mag, so I really really need your questions!!!

L.A. Opera Man above had his burning question answered in a CA Mod. Wouldn't you like to see your name and questions in print?

Ask away!

Cheers!
~CC

JulieB
Modern Master

Postby JulieB » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 pm

Dear Cherry,

This is not about me; it's about a fiend of mine. I'll call him "S"￾ (but not for Sean).

"S"￾ wrote a private message to a certain a quirky punk-red haired performance artist and cult celebrity who embraces all that is Swanky about Southern California. I'll call her "C."￾

Anyway, "C"￾ never responded. "C" didn't even open the message, which contained information requested by "C."￾

"S"￾ doesn't want to be rude and say anything about "C"￾ not reading her mail. What do you think "S" should do now?

-Julie B

Cherry Capri
Modern Socialite

Postby Cherry Capri » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:23 am

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Dear Cherry

Postby Josquin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:08 am

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:42 am

I don't know what Ms Capri will say. I prefer garlic bread and a nice side of steamed asparagus with my spaghettios.
"Better Living Through Modernism"

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”