Disneyland Scale Model

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Disneyland Scale Model

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:10 pm

I heard there is a z scale model of Disneyland at the Los Angeles Live Steamers barn in Griffith Park. Can anyone confirm this? Supposedly they are only open the third Sunday a month from 11 to 3.

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:03 am

When I was last there in the late '70s, they didn't have that. However, according to The "E" Ticket, some of the switches from Walt Disney's backyard train are in use there (I believe some of his signage is also there).

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Sorry not Disneyland, but close...

Postby Lynxwiler » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:28 pm

I regret to inform you that the Z scale model railroad in Walt Disney's barn at the Los Angeles Live Steamers Society is not of Disneyland. The scale model is of Walt's personal, backyard railroad and is supposed to allow guests to imagine the original Disney barn in its original Disney setting.

Check out the LALS and the barn on Sunday afternoons.

fairyanna
Modern Groupie

Postby fairyanna » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:03 am

I prefer to read this kind of nice stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”