Go Go Boots

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Go Go Boots

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:33 pm

anyone else here a fan of gogo boots?

JulieB
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JulieB » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:05 pm

Retrovixen
Modern Fan

I am!

Postby Retrovixen » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:51 pm

I love Go-Go boots! I found a pair in a vintage clothing store about 8 years ago, in exactly my size, for $15! It was my all-time best lucky find ever. Now all I need is an occasion to wear them.

I'll take a digital photo of them and post it soon.

Lyn

"Everyone makes fun of the Puupli kids. How I hate them." - Lisa Simpson

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:25 pm

i have problems keeping my white boots clean - they get scuffed and marked up pretty easily and i'm not sure how to clean them?

Retrovixen
Modern Fan

Postby Retrovixen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:21 am

Maybe you could get white shoe polish and polish them?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:10 pm

tried it.
barely coversd up the black scuff marks on the matte finish boots.
and doesn't work on the white patent leather look. :(

Retrovixen
Modern Fan

Postby Retrovixen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Hmmm.... I bet Brini Maxwell would have a solution, and then she'd say "Now why didn't YOU think of that!"

modmonilu
Modern Fan

Postby modmonilu » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm dating myself here, but when I wore white patent leather as a kid, we used hair spray (Aquanet, etc) to remove scuff marks and polish our white patent leather boots and dress shoes. Just spray it on the marks, and then buff it off with a soft towel or cloth. It worked well enough for our Catholic school's dress code.... :wink:

If you try this, I'd love to hear whether or not it still does the trick!

Btw, I loved my go-go boots as a young girl. Heck, all I wanted from life back then was to be a go-go dancer, like Goldie Hawn was on Laugh-In. Ah.. the naivete of childhood!

Monica

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:38 am

I'm so glad there are people out there that love gogo boots. I've been rocking mine for the past 3 years and in a way, I'm glad they haven't caught on to the masses just yet..(or this time around) Here's my latest gogo boot find- Gold lame gogo boots and the dress I made from a vintage pattern. I now have the dress in 3 different colors to match the black vinyl, white patented leather, black stretch and gold lame gogo boots I own. Yaaaayyyyyy gogo boots!!

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 am

That's you? You look GREAT in those boots! And your home is divine! I can imagine myself with an apple martini sitting there on that couch talking mid-mod all night long :-)
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 pm

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:00 pm

"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

jodie
Modern Groupie

Postby jodie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:02 am

they are the best - but must be totally plastic to be at their best, not some upmarket soft leather copy

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:19 am

mod diva - those gold boots are a knock out!

i personally love to wear my black vinyl gogo boots in wintertime...

sumu
Modern Master

Postby sumu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:03 pm

podboy
Modern Fan

Another fan of go-go boots!

Postby podboy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm

motard66
Modern Groupie

GOGO Boots are GO!

Postby motard66 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:01 am

Always been a fan, always will be. Although I used to dress like it was 1966 every day of my life for about 20 years, I kinda stopped when I hit 40. But I still bust them out occasionally. I just don't wear fur vests or striped pants with them anymore.

Cecilia DeVille
Modern Groupie

Postby Cecilia DeVille » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:30 am

if your a fan of Go-Go Boots you may want to snatch these babies up!

OR These!!!

or...

sumu
Modern Master

Postby sumu » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:43 pm

For removing scuffs on just about any surface, slick or matte - try a Mr. Clean magic erase sponge - it uses no chemicals, just dampen, squeeze out extra water, and voila. I use it on sneakers, shoes, walls, appliances, patio furniture, my car - you name it.

You can buy cheapo versions at the 99 cent store. :angel:

atomic el
Modern Groupie

GoGo Boots

Postby atomic el » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:43 pm

I wish I could find a pair (white, mid heel) of authentic gogo boots, that aren't $40!
I'm the youngest true know-it-all fan out there... haha!

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”