IT'S ALIVE!

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
babyblue65bird
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

IT'S ALIVE!

Postby babyblue65bird » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:12 am

After several years of hibernation I brought my 1965 Thunderbird back to life over the holiday break. I'd like to spill out a little brake fluid on the floor in tribute to the '64 that was in Pick-Your-Part that offered up some of its internal workings so that mine could live again. Respekt!

PS, if you see four headlights in your rearview mirror and hear the rumbling of a big V8 engine with bad mufflers, wave to me! Also, get out of the way, the brakes aren't working so great just yet.
Where are we going & what are we doing in this handbasket?

Tikifrog
Modern Socialite

Postby Tikifrog » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:01 pm

Congrats.
Any pix? Does the dashboard still have those amazing globes?

Vincent

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:11 pm

I always loved that generation of Birds, before they got big and bloated. A friend of mine, when I was a kid, had three mid-sixties Thunderbirds in his family; One for each parent and his twin sisters shared a convertible. The twins were older and there was just something about good looking blondes driving a convertible T-bird that stuck in my consciousness.

I just saw an episode of Overhaulin in which they "restored" a guys '65 bird. I have to admit that I cringed when they took the Sawsall to the top and made it a roadster!

http://www.overhaulin.com/show_s3-5.aspx?season=3

babyblue65bird
Modern Master

Postby babyblue65bird » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:10 pm

I was unsuccessuful in posting a picture, but here's a link. It's in front of my 1956 ranch in beautiful Reseda, CA.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babyblue6 ... pg&.src=ph

Shifty
Modern Fan

Postby Shifty » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:34 am

babyblue65bird
Modern Master

Postby babyblue65bird » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:43 pm

A carburetor rebuild from Pony Carburetors, a new fuel pump, a neutral safety switch (this came from the junkyard), and we were up and running. I had rebuilt the entire brake system several years ago, including new flex lines (anyone with an old car should change out their brake flex hoses NOW. One of them broke apart in my hand), and just had the entire system pressure bled. Nice firm pedal now.

I can't say enough about the level of service and quality that I received from Pony Carburetors. It was expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

Shifty
Modern Fan

Postby Shifty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 pm

Kinda convenient.. I'm in need of getting a carb rebuilt since the damn thing is running like crap and leaking gas all over the intake manifold :eek:. Taking into account the name being "Pony Carburetors", do they only deal with ford components, or any make?

Definitly sounds like a run of the mill job to get a car back up after a couple of years.. hope it wasn't too much of a headache to get going again, and I hope you get plenty of cruising outa that thing!

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”