Looking for Leopard Vinyl Upholstery

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Looking for Leopard Vinyl Upholstery

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:26 pm

I am looking for leopard vinyl upholstery

marine grade. mail order.

I am making a mod seat cover for a bench seat of a '64 Vespa GS. Looking for a square yard. should hold up to UV rays. Any online sources? Anyone holding?

Thanks

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mod Diva » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:51 pm

Hello there-
I know of a place that carries Zebra vinyl. I know it's not Leopard but still pretty rare. It's located in Chicago.
Cheers,
Mod Diva

MikeLindsey
Modern Master

Mod vs Rockers

Postby MikeLindsey » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:48 pm

Say it ain't so Joe!

That's doesn't sound original Vespa! How many mirrors are you going to put on it? :D

Post it when your done!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:11 pm

I am building a modded-out Sprint for the wife, and want to get a custom two-tone bench seat cover with leopard one top and white on the bottom of the cover. crash bars, front and rear racks, 4 mirrors and two extra headlights. nothing major. My VBA is/will be mostly stock and my GS will have florida bars, hub caps, and front rack. I like accessories!

I think I will end up settling for a leopard slip cover.

MikeLindsey
Modern Master

Very cool

Postby MikeLindsey » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 am

I am just giving you a hard time as you have a "true to original" reputation on this board. The freedom of having a non-italian vespa allows me to make non-original adjustments without feeling guilty. I had a 1962 Buick that I wanted to customize, but it was so true to original that I can not bring myself to do it. The next scooter (I can't believe I am already saying that) will be kept stock, and I might mess around with this one in the future.

I can't wait to see the Sprint, were did you pick it up and how are the prices up north?

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:46 am

Accessorizing a bike can stay with the concept of "original." The accessories were available then (unlike sticking a huge commercial gas oven into a small MCM kitchen). Though finding vintage assessories is next to impossible. I have vintage cowl protectors on my VBA, but need some resto work. Thankfully there are some OK quality reproduction stuff out there. When the mod sprint is done, it will be true to the period of late '70s Mod Revival

Scooters are a little different than homes. You don't have much to choose from as far as what you can do. Mild customs are OK in my book for both scooters and homes. My mild customs are closer to the period of what was done back in the day. Very few of us can afford restored concourse bikes or restored Neutra homes. we got to ride and live!

prices in socal are probably a little bit better. not much though about the same everywhere.

lulabelle
Modern Fan

Postby lulabelle » Tue May 23, 2006 2:58 pm

ok, this is waaaay late, but an idea: buy a leopard print fabric you like, then encase it in clear plastic for protection. won't be quite as hardy as all vinyl, but much better than a fabric slip cover. Just sew the 2 fabrics together as one when making the cover. Use a teflon foot when sewing the vinyl, or a walking foot.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri May 26, 2006 1:38 pm

thanks lulabelle. I believe the clear plastic will be my solution.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:36 am

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:08 pm

Say, Joe... Did you ever look into this?

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”