Your Favorite Martini?

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

Chimay
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Chimay » Thu May 11, 2006 7:28 am

I want whatever Sky's drinking... :cheers:
Friends don't let friends live in McMansions
House pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/88017382@N ... 387250721/

roxy500
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby roxy500 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu May 11, 2006 10:14 am

roxy500
Modern Master

Postby roxy500 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:17 am

Ryan
Modern Fan

Postby Ryan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:26 am

carlitosguay
Modern Groupie

the martini was originally called the martinez

Postby carlitosguay » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:13 am

I've got all sorts of mason jars in the cellar, filled with Armadale, Zyr, Ketel One...or Plymouth/Tanqueray gin...packed with sausage. Of course, sausages differ depending on your mood. Summer sausage is good for a summery martini; I use Mettwurst if going for a smoky martini, maybe some chorizo if I'm after something with that south of the border flair, olé! Chill, strain, pour, garnish with a quarter-sized sausage affixed to the rim of the glass or just a twist of casing. Mmm-mmm!

If haven't tried the soy variety yet, because my vegetarian friends don't like these. The dogs really lap 'em up, though.

SINATRASGALPAL
Modern Groupie

Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini

Postby SINATRASGALPAL » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 am

CHEERS~
Sinatrasgalpal

jazz-n-cocktails
Modern Socialite

Re: Your Favorite Martini?

Postby jazz-n-cocktails » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:36 am

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:00 am

Dag, Steve, you know your stuff. I have been a devotee of the Manhattan since I was a lad. But I've never been able to get past the fact that it's a Manhattan, and I abhor Yankees. The King of Cocktails is the Sazerac.

Read this, then read it again, then read it again, then go to the store, and then get drinkin', people!

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/beverages/sazerac.html

When I'm feeling particularly wicked I use an orange rind instead of lemon.

I make a habit of donating bottles of Peychaud bitters to LA bars I frequent, just so they'll have it. If you're somewhere, the Biltmore, say, and you get a Sazerac, the guy is gonna pick up Angostura, and you have to stop him. Peychaud's!!! That they have it there -- you have me to thank. (You're welcome.)

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”