CALLING ROSIE THE RIVETER

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LAOperaMan
Modern Master
Location: Los Angeles, in the land Toluca Lake and sometimes in the OC, south of the gates to hell

CALLING ROSIE THE RIVETER

Postby LAOperaMan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Hey gang, I got a general e-mail from the Fox Fullerton Theatre folks the other day,
and it seems like they are trying to put together some sorta Rosie the Rivetor thingy.......
Anyone out there know one of these great ladies that
"Did it For defense?" Read this message for more info!!

After the men left for war, President Franklin D. Roosevelt
called for increased production of wartime goods. As a result,
millions of women joined the labor force. Women went to work in
shipyards and factories. “Rosie the Riveterâ€￾ became the symbol
associated with the women who went from being housewives to
factory workers. I am searching for great stories!
Do you know a "Rosie"? Were you a "Rosie"?
I would love to talk to you!
Please call Kathie Freeman at the Fox Fullerton Theatre office
at (714) 870-0069, or to this email address:
info@foxfullerton.org

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”