Who's a jumper?

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Who's a jumper?

Postby Nathan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:47 am

Now, I tend to ramble. Yes, at the mouth, I know, but I mean perambulate. Wander. It's what I do. Perhaps I should post this in "Roadside Rambling." Anyway.

Here's my question. We're all savvy travelers. Does anyone else out there feel the pathological need to jump off things?

I find that a place is cemented better in my brain if I leap from one of its monuments. I have no idea why. It's bad enough I break into all sorts of places but then I have to jump off something. Weird. I wouldn't have gotten caught after breaking into Walter P. Chrysler's private office if I hadn't jumped off his desk.

Next year I want to plan and execute an all-modern leaping-off-things tour. Throw myself from the Villa Savoye. Plummet off the Dessau Bauhaus. Fling myself from the security desk onto the floor of the Seagram Building's lobby. Who's coming? I bet we can call it art and get a grant!

99 times out of a hundred no-one's around. But I went to the Old Country recently and my buddy shot a couple snaps:

Wells.

Paris, of course.

I love the pairing of the words "McDonalds" and "Ristorante." This was in South-Central Switzerland, and the svizerre were duly horrified.

Disclaimer: do not try this at home. Especially when your home has a Milanese cathedral that towers 350 feet above the street and you decide to jump a span.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 pm

i think you should be aware of the global levitation project!!!

http://www.tikifish.com/levitation.html

Kimba
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimba » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm

This is a very uplifting thread.
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:22 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:36 am

i don't know if he's a jumper? but he does get high...

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:08 pm

http://www.devilducky.com/media/49795/

Villa Savoye, here I come!

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:21 pm

WHOA! Okay, what I want to know is how in the world they can do all of that and not require knee surgery??? LOL!
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:09 pm

think peter pan thoughts...

ChrisLAXEncounter
Modern Master

Postby ChrisLAXEncounter » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:20 pm

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:18 pm

L.A.kevin

Postby L.A.kevin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:30 pm

October issue of Smithsonian. Page 14.

Read.
Lather.
Repeat.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”