KLAC Fabulous 570 AM!

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JenX
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KLAC Fabulous 570 AM!

Postby JenX » Tue May 20, 2003 9:43 pm

:d: This station absolutely, positively SWINGS!!

Ultra Mod and a great alternative to the average dribble that graces the airwaves. Makes for a very hep commute - pour a martini and just chill, baby.
Has anyone else discovered this? Could be a great forum for reaching more sympathetic ears (aka MEMBERS!)! :idea: Definitely worth investigating.

:cheers:

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue May 20, 2003 10:49 pm

Yes... driving a 1963 car with only AM radio - this station is a godsend! especially when The Surf 1260 AM plays a clinker...

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Wed May 21, 2003 5:52 am

Oh yea, it's been one of my pre-sets from the beginning. However, I could do without Gary Owens "humor".

I don't know if I'm worse in the car with the pre-sets or in front of the TV with the remote control.

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Wed May 21, 2003 6:16 am

Bummer... live streaming doesn't work on NT.

So_Cal_Native_in_Texas
Modern Master

Re: KLAC Fabulous 570 AM!

Postby So_Cal_Native_in_Texas » Wed May 21, 2003 4:42 pm

|

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu May 22, 2003 9:35 am

Velas
Modern Master

Postby Velas » Fri May 23, 2003 7:14 pm

Chris, I can't believe you just used that yellow happy face with pointing moving hands.

Phillip
Modern Fan

Postby Phillip » Mon May 26, 2003 6:15 pm

Here's a couple of songs that you minght enjoy, even if they may not be on KLAC.

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/multimedia/

Scroll down to Roger's pick o the week and find the song "The Cure" by Pacifico Young.
Enjoy.
Then scroll down to Bizarre Covers and find "Queen of the House" by Mrs. Miller (if you never heard Mrs. Miller, your in for a treat).
Enjoy.

:d: :cheers:

Adriene
Modern Master

Postby Adriene » Mon May 26, 2003 11:00 pm

That happy face is so you! As much as we love listening to Frank and Dean on AM 570 and AM 1260, Chris is right -- ya gotta give some airtime to Luxuria...it's super smooooooooth, very 'Taboo'. You'll get to hear lots of Hammond B3 and even occasionally catch the Spiderman theme!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue May 27, 2003 12:23 am

yah! chris found the additional emoticons!
:clap:

also i have found that Live 365 has GREAT online stations - with mostly no commercial interruptions.

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Tue May 27, 2003 11:02 am

SoCalNative... I would upgrade but it's my work PC so I'm pretty much hosed. Oh well. BTW, given that you're in Houston, you ought to get involved in HoustonMod.org - if you want, I can provide you more information.

So_Cal_Native_in_Texas
Modern Master

Postby So_Cal_Native_in_Texas » Tue May 27, 2003 7:01 pm

|

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Thu May 29, 2003 10:17 am

Usonian
Modern Socialite

Book?

Postby Usonian » Thu May 29, 2003 11:29 am

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Thu May 29, 2003 1:35 pm

Well... I can't seem to get Amazon.com to work but here's the listing on barnesandnoble.com -

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 628X&itm=1

It's called Ranch Style House by Katherine Ann Samon.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:26 am

freddiefreelance
Modern Master

Postby freddiefreelance » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:22 am

I miss the old KPCC before Larry Mantle talked the school into selling the station to PRI :roll: , especially after they began adding more good mid-century lounge to the Swing they'd been playing for years. I DJed there back in the mid-80s & loved all that stuff (except maybe Ray Conniff & Ray Anthony...).
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S.

JAB

Postby JAB » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:28 pm

JAB

Postby JAB » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:02 pm

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

last post

Postby modfan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:16 am

not surprising-it's broadcast from Tijuana Mexico at X(E)TRA. Stations in Mexico start with XE. I remember when it was all news then all background 'beautiful' muzak.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”