Who else likes it dirty?

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Who else likes it dirty?

Postby Futura Girl » Tue May 27, 2003 12:09 am

Who else out there likes their martini dirty?
for me it's become the only way to drink martinis! a vodka one that is - a dirty gin martini is plain disgusting if you've ever tried one.
:cheers:
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:27 pm

what? am i the only drunkard here 8-[

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:05 pm

Just saw this...is this section new? I have been away for a while and I don't remember it.
Okay I'll buy, whats a dirty Martini? amd as long as we are asking, have you heard of gin Martinis with bitters? What are bitters? I am not a big drinker as you can see but I had a martini a while back and the bartender had such a rotton Liverpool accent I thought he said bitters but was that a English thing? It was good!!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:53 am

A dirty martini is one where you add some of the olive brine (juice in the olive jar) in your martini after it's mixed. It makes a vodka martini more pallatible and flavorful.
Bitters are an aromatic herbal flavoring that are used to enhance many drinks. Some folks even use bitters in cooking. Some martini recipes do suggest a dash of bitters, I forgot about that. I'll have to try the bitters in the gin martini sometime.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.

If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Nathan » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:41 pm

Remember darling, Peychaud bitters in gin; Angostura in vodka. Go to the amazing Angostura website!

http://www.angostura.com/angos3.html

HarryJohon
Modern Groupie

Postby HarryJohon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:02 am

Just saw this... will be this section brand-new? I've been aside for quite a while and My partner and i will not recall the idea.
Alright I'll invest in, whats the grubby Martini? amd so long as we have been requesting, maybe you've been aware of gin Martinis together with bitters? Exactly what bitters? My business is an excellent huge drinker as you can discover however I had created the martini some time back again plus the bartenders had a real rotton Liverpool emphasize My partner and i idea they explained bitters however was a The english language factor? It had been beneficial!!

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”