Bumper stickers of the '70s

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Bumper stickers of the '70s

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:11 pm

tinkerbell5
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tinkerbell5 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:40 pm

Keep on keepin' on,
Tinkerbell5

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:06 am

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:55 am

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:01 am

Here's a few more that I remember:

*Honk if you love Jesus.
*Honk if you're [huh-huh, huh-huh].

L.A.kevin
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby L.A.kevin » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:58 pm

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:02 am

Oh for the love of...I was at a party a while ago and brought up those "Hi" signs and noone had any idea what I was talking about...there was even a feature in the Santa Barbara News-Press about them ca. 1979, with a picture of a guy in a car holding up the "I Love You" sign...thank God y'all remember them so I know I'm not crazy.

Another piece of lost LA -- those rainbow KLOS stickers with band names. And stickers for KMET!

My favorite bumper sticker was "I found it, but then I lost it again."
As a kid, before I understood what AA was, I always wondered what those glittery, opalescent stickers meant that said "Take it Easy" and "Get Stupid, Stupid" and "Fake it Til you Make it" in bubble font.

(One of my favorite bits of cultural strangeness is seeing a second [or third] hand car with its original bumper stickers--six Mexican guys who look like they're on their way back from a hard day, in a car with a "I [heart] Mozart" or "KCRW" or "I [heart] my Bichon Frise" or "Bush/Quayle" or "Well behaved women rarely make history" and so forth. Always gotta figure those guys didn't put those bumber stickers on themselves...)

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:04 am

And, might I add, if the van is in fact rocking, please, if you will, do not come a-knocking. Thank you.

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:32 pm

I had a KMET bumper sticker! AND those Hi-signs! In fact, I'm such a pack rat that I'll bet you I still have that Hi-sign around here somewhere! 8-[
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

So_Cal_Native_in_Texas
Modern Master

Postby So_Cal_Native_in_Texas » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:33 pm

I remember Hi-Signs VERY well. I never got them, but I used to play with them at the Spencer's Gifts in South Coast Plaza (back when SCP was for us normal folks). I thought they'd be around forever.

Somebody needs to bring those back, I tell ya. I guess it'll probably have to be me....
|

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”