Reyner Banham Loves Los Angeles

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alanloomis
Modern Socialite

Reyner Banham Loves Los Angeles

Postby alanloomis » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:36 pm

Classic documentary has been posted to Google Video > http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=r ... eles&hl=en

Except Explorer crashes on me everytime I try to watch it... blast!

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 am

Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

MD²
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby MD² » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:25 am

Fantastic!

Thank you so much for posting this link alan.

Maybe you should use as a web browser? :wink:

was (is) one of the most influential architecture historian of our time. Read any of his books, from his 1971 to ...

Carlos Araujo
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Carlos Araujo » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:44 pm

"Todos vuelven a la tierra en que nacieron" Ruben Blades

bamalama
Modern Socialite

Postby bamalama » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for the link, I can't wait to view the film. I took RB's Pop Before Pop class at UC Santa Cruz in the early 80s-- it was fascinating. I often wish I'd recorded his lectures; they were so compelling

The Google video link seemed to be having problems... I did find a short clip at:

... his hair was a lot darker in 1972. Hmmm... when I linked from archiworld, the Google video worked perfectly. (Give it a try, Alan!) The film quality is dodgy but I'm not complaining. Thanks again!

bamalama
Modern Socialite

Postby bamalama » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:16 pm

That was great! RB was teaching at USC and they let him live at the Gamble House! (How does that work?!) He wanders around the Eames's, has a pineapple sundae with Ed Ruscha at Tiny Naylor's and hangs out at a strip club! What fun!

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 am

Visiting dignitaries STILL get to stay at the Gamble House.

I'll be lecturing there in October - I'll see if I can get a room!

"The Gambles realized the artistic importance of the house and it remained in the Gamble family until 1966, when it was deeded to the city of Pasadena in a joint agreement with the University of Southern California School of Architecture."

http://www.gamblehouse.org/history/index.html

alanloomis
Modern Socialite

Postby alanloomis » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:27 pm

I discovered if you click on "watch video here" instead of the title or thumbnail, the video plays fine.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”