The Imperial Roadster...great looking hot rod

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dustyman73
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Imperial Roadster...great looking hot rod

Postby Dustyman73 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:31 pm

While at the 2007 Fresno Autorama (which was a great show) I saw this car on display. It had some really great styling cues that I thought I'd share on this board. It's out of the Reno Area, according to the signboard in front of the car. Anyway, I liked it, and I bet others here will, too...

Gotta love that scalloping!

Check out the intake crowns

Check out this font!

I wouldn't mind that thing being in my garage! Kudos to the builders for a beautiful car. Great attention to detail and the really cool retro influences made this one a standout for me.

mobile chicane
Modern Groupie

Postby mobile chicane » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:36 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:07 am

Someone went to a lot of trouble to get this done. While the stylized flame (?) job is a classic, the dots are unique -- I see why you would bring this to the attention of us 'fifties nuts.

Gotta love those "regal" air stacks on the triple carbs, no ? Is that a Chrysler (Imperial) hemi, do you suppose ?

Thanks. SDR

PS -- How's the Plymouth ?
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Dustyman73
Modern Master

Postby Dustyman73 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:43 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:53 pm

Dustyman73
Modern Master

Postby Dustyman73 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:24 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm so glad to hear your thoughts. Being about of retirement age, it looks like I'll be able to escape the CAD-drawing and the cell phone altogether ! Anything you can do to reduce anxiety and unnecessary stress is a good thing. . . sez I.

This is the place ! SDR

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:32 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:01 pm

I still associate those "Suddenly It's 1960" '57-'58-'59 Exner-designed Chrysler Corp space ships with the limitless optimism of those years. What could possibly be next ? Specifically, they were like the automotive analog of the butterfly-roofed post-and-beam houses I was so drawn to. Lots of glass, minimal decoration, simple lines, thin planes and bold shapes. My favorite was the Chrysler, while my best friend favored the DeSoto. Same body, of course, just different details.

SDR

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:21 am

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Gad -- isn't that something. I haven't seen one like that in thirty years. . .

Enjoy !

SDR

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”