WTB: doorknob escutcheons

eBay auctions, Craig's List, store or product announcements, classified ads.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turboblown
Modern Master

WTB: doorknob escutcheons

Postby turboblown » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm looking for a pair of gold/brass doorknob escutcheons- either the large round style (about 7" ? dia) or starburst style. I may even consider the square/diamond stlye.

turboblown {at} comcast {dot} net

jim

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Amen-especially to the starburst!

Postby Slim and Gabby » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 pm

We'd LOVE to have one-especially the starburst. Somebody MUST be thinking about this.....
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

scotty
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby scotty » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Here are some of my extras. The starburst excuthcheons have a smaller diameter, 2 1/4 in, than most doorknobs. Don't forget, there are some doorBELL button excutcheons that you may find to match your doorknob plates......

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:05 am

@scotty *drools on keyboard*...

turboblown
Modern Master

Postby turboblown » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 pm

I want those two starbursts!

jim

scotty
Modern Fan

Postby scotty » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 am

Hey there turboblown,
You can't really tell from the picture, but they are a really beautiful polished brass color. Did you get from the previous that they are a really unusual size for the doorknob diameter of 2 1/4 in.? Also I do believe that they have reproduced the diamond(square) shapes. You also know that you will need to move the door knob toward center of the door with a 5 in bolt to the catch?

turboblown
Modern Master

Postby turboblown » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:39 pm

I am fabricating a bolt set to mount the knobs in the center of the doors. I need a 16" backset to do this on the two doors. This is the nice thing about having fabricating equipment. You can ship them to me now. I'm almost ready to install them.

scotty
Modern Fan

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 am

Dr. Swanky
Modern Socialite

Doorknobs for vintage escutcheons

Postby Dr. Swanky » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:20 pm

cadman
Modern Socialite

Postby cadman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Dr. Swanky, I had the same trouble. The new Schlage set I wanted to use wouldn't fit my NOS escutcheon. Ended up buying the "Dexter" by Schlage line. Used that half on the exterior and the Schlage style I preferred on the interior.

Dr. Swanky
Modern Socialite

Sweet

Postby Dr. Swanky » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks so much!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Marketplace”