Huge MCM Living Estate Sale

eBay auctions, Craig's List, store or product announcements, classified ads.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rglater
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Huge MCM Living Estate Sale

Postby rglater » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I am not leaving MCM but having moved into a condo I find myself with about 3/4's of a garage full of MCM items I want to sell.

Two Bertoia side chairs, includes detachable back and seat pads. The back pads made from bark cloth bought at the Frank Cuthbert estate sale, (architect and landscape designer, Curriculum Dean at UO for several decades). The pieces were losing the original white finish so were bead blasted and powder coated.

A cabinet by Wormley for Dunbar, (even in a down market this would be the most expensive item), Wormley for Drexel floating top desk. I have an Ant Chair with arms with veneer damage, an RCA phono player in blonde wood with metal legs, a sixties bachelor pad ice bucket, (white with clear acrylic handle), Atomic Age print ottoman with storage inside (or a small hamper?), fifties HiFi but in a traditional style in dark wood, tons of magazines, (Arizona Highway, Vogue, etc. and professional journals in Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Planning, half from Cuthbert, others from a friend's architect husband's estate), Modernism and Atomic Ranch back issues. A Louise Nevelsen print, (the only way I was ever going to afford one of her pieces).

I have clothing from the fifties/sixties if you like to go all out. Scout den mother uniform, plaid hunter/outdoorsman (men's/Women's), boy's bathing suits, lots of Dead Stock, shoes, hats, military uniforms including British men's/women's uniforms, watches, cuff links, tie clips, a few women's pieces, bar ware, dinner ware, kitchen ware, aprons, books, radios, it's tiring just typing this.

I also have an assortment of odd items, plastic models of organs from pharmacy promos, old advertising and industrial films, LPs from the Lutheran Church on Sex Ed, etc., Film Strips from Car Dealer for sales and service depts., photos, slides, story boards from an ad executive's estate, View Masters and even a View Master projector... it goes on and on.

Finally some items that are not MCM, an Art Deco Bar, Parsons Table and Smoking Stand, boxes of pink and lime green tiles, Art Deco and Art Nouveau magazines and a set of Frankoma canisters including a honey jar. Two Eugene Ivard prints, (a pre- WWII magazine illustrator who rivaled Rockwell in popularity but died young).

I have an inventory list of what we have itemized so far and tons of pics on request.
Richard Dietzel
gabh an latha
Eugene, OR

Return to “Mid Century Modern Marketplace”