FS: 1954 Noguchi-Style Coffee Table and End Tables (SOLD!)

eBay auctions, Craig's List, store or product announcements, classified ads.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

ModernGuy64
Modern Groupie

FS: 1954 Noguchi-Style Coffee Table and End Tables (SOLD!)

Postby ModernGuy64 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Still up for sale here is a vintage set of Noguchi-style tables, consisting of a coffee table and two matching end tables. These belonged to a friend of my mother's, who purchased them in Los Angeles sometime in 1954, right after she was married. She told me that they liked the Noguchi table a lot, but (1) they couldn't afford it and (2) it didn't come with matching end tables. They found this set at another furniture store and liked it because it was affordable, had matching end tables and looked very close to the Noguchi table. Originally, Noguchi only produced the famous coffee table, but never any matching end tables, and as far as I know, these is the only coffee/end table set that exists. I was asking $650 for the whole set, but now asking $550. Knock-off Noguchi tables are going for about $400-$800, just for the table. Here, I'm including the coffee tables, so something to take into consideration.

The bases are in nice shape, with no major blemishes that I can see, other than they need to be repainted. I have purposely not painted them so that the buyer can see for themselves that these are vintage. The glass for the coffee table is in good condition with a few minor scratches on the surface and a smal nick on the bottom edge. The glass surfaces for the two end tabled look great with one having a small nick on the edge. Bases come apart in two pieces each. These tables can be picked up, locally. Shipping these would be too risky and probably exspensive, not to mention time consumimg on my part. If you are into mid-century modern, then these tables would be perfect for your decor. The photos from the link below show the actual tables for sale. The tables measure as follows:

Coffee table top is 4ft x 31" end to end, height is approx. 13.5"

End table tops are 3ft x 2ft end to end, height is approx. 19.5"

If you have any questions or would like to be sent larger photos of the tables, send me a message through here or email me at specialdeluxe47@msn.com . Tables are located in Upland, 35 miles east of Los Angeles.

Thanks,

DK

See photos at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67649903@N07/
Last edited by ModernGuy64 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 pm

bump your thread again later if you need to get people's eyes on this. it's a great deal for the right person.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

ModernGuy64
Modern Groupie

Postby ModernGuy64 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 am

Futura Girl wrote:bump your thread again later if you need to get people's eyes on this. it's a great deal for the right person.

How do you bump it up?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 pm

by adding more info to your thread or with things like "it's still available."
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.

If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

ModernGuy64
Modern Groupie

Postby ModernGuy64 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Futura Girl wrote:by adding more info to your thread or with things like "it's still available."

I did and it's still not moving up.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Marketplace”