WTD: Aluminum Christmas trees?

eBay auctions, Craig's List, store or product announcements, classified ads.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KevInBoots
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WTD: Aluminum Christmas trees?

Postby KevInBoots » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:26 pm

I know I've already waited a little late in the season, but I've started to look at vintage aluminum Christmas trees on eBay. Anyone here have experience with these, and know what I should be looking for? I'm not looking to spend a fortune -- I just want to get something about 6-7 feet tall that will look right in a 1963 house. I suspect the rotating color light is a must.

Also, anybody know of good sources of information about Christmas ornaments from the 50's-60's?

Kevin

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:56 pm

lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Aluminum Christmas Trees

Postby lasvegaslynn » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:05 pm

Lynn in Sherman Oaks

www.classiclasvegas.squarespace.com (blog)

www.classiclasvegas.com (website)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:54 pm

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:34 am

old beats new

Starburst
Modern Groupie

Aluminum Christmas trees

Postby Starburst » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:47 pm

Oh we had one in the 60's and it was SO cool! We also had the color wheel. I will dig thru old photos and see if I can find a shot with the tree in it!

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:33 am

here's an article that is very similar to one in the New York Times that was posted recently:

http://www.jsonline.com/lifestyle/peopl ... 278003.asp

You don't need a subscription to view this one though.

The 2 foot tree I have is made in Manitowoc, WI by The Aluminum Specialty Company.
old beats new

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Auminatree

Postby SDR » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:37 pm

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:21 pm

Just posted ours in the gallery... we're in heaven...

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:47 am

We decorated three trees - a six foot as the main tree, then a 4 foot for miniatures, and a 3 foot as an accent. Here's a pic of the main tree:

Additional pics here:

We also decided to extend the globe-lighting effect to the outside using lighted christmas balls:

-- Best, John

Return to “Mid Century Modern Marketplace”