FS - Art Deco Neo-Classical-Revival Four-Piece Bedroom Set

eBay auctions, Craig's List, store or product announcements, classified ads.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Retrovixen
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FS - Art Deco Neo-Classical-Revival Four-Piece Bedroom Set

Postby Retrovixen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:45 pm

I am selling a four-piece Art Deco Neo-Classical-Revival bedroom set that I purchased in Stamford, CT in 1992. It is a beautiful set, but since I originally purchased it my tastes have shifted away from Deco and more towards Mid-Century Modern, and I am redecorating my bedroom in MCM. The set is so period-perfect, it would be a great addition to the home of an Art Deco buff, or would make great props for a play or movie set.

I will provide a brief description here, but if you are interested in measurements and specifics of condition, and would like to see larger photos showing more detail, you are welcome to email me or send me a private message using the private message icon at the bottom of this post. Send email to: fairgeraldine@yahoo.com.

Bed frame (the mattress and box spring in the photo are not included), dresser, tall chest of drawers and night table in an amber-toned blonde wood (I'm not sure which wood). The photo of the bed below shows the color to be most accurate, the other photos make it look more like a light brown. The wood has a satin finish, and has a quarter-cut veneer for decorative radiating-diamond effect on the drawer fronts of the tall chest and dresser, and the footboard of the bed. Each piece has fluted pilasters and rounded edges. The drawer pulls also feature a fluted edge and show traces of bronze, either paint or gilt, but most of it has worn away and the pulls are more of a gun-metal grey.

The pieces are overall in Good condition, with the usual signs of general wear, such as nicks and scratches, etc., on the surfaces and the headboard and footboard. But please contact me for a full condition report as there are a few things in particular that I should point out, but I won't monopolize the forum here. I do have photo details of these imperfections. However, the pieces are all very sturdy, even the bed, which holds up very well after 70-80 years.

Buyer must make arrangements to have the set picked up from me and delivered to their home. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer. Online shipping quotes are available through these shippers that many antiques dealers use in the past. I personally have used Plycon as a buyer and have been extremely pleased with their reliability and service. They have 11 different locations so chances are there’s one near you. But if you have a preferred shipper that will pick the items up from me and deliver them to you please let me know.

www.plyconvanlines.com
www.cratersandfreighters.com
www.acdelivers.com
www.vintagetransport.com

All shippers provide insurance. Please note that it is not possible for me to transport the set to a third party for pickup, such as Greyhound, etc.

I have lowered the price to $1,200 or best offer for this set, and payment is through PayPal. I can provide interested parties with the details. Again, you can email me at fairgeraldine@yahoo.com, or send me a private message using the link below.

Thank you for your time.

Lyn
"Everyone makes fun of the Puupli kids. How I hate them." - Lisa Simpson

Return to “Mid Century Modern Marketplace”