Historical Los Angeles map exhibition

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Historical Los Angeles map exhibition

Postby nichols » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Exhibition Overview
The Library of Congress/Ira Gershwin Gallery presents historical maps of Los Angeles from the collections of the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division. These diverse works of craftsmanship, precision, and imagination provide a guide to some of the most remarkable stories of the city’s history: its discovery, its growth, and its industries, as seen by explorers, engineers, artists, residents, and boosters.

Los Angeles Mapped is the third annual exhibition created for the Library of Congress/Ira Gershwin Gallery located in Los Angeles, California. The gallery is housed in the Walt Disney Concert Hall, a magnificent landmark building designed by architect Frank Gehry, which opened in October of 2003. The gallery is the only Library of Congress exhibition venue located outside of Washington, D.C.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/lamapped/lamapped-home.html

Synthetrix
Modern Master

Postby Synthetrix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm

That's cool. I love old maps.
Synthetrix Photos of the Forgotten
http://photosoftheforgotten.synthetrix.com/

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm

As your resident cartographer, I highly recommend this.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”