Crown Motel sign in Portland Oregon needs home ASAP

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kimba
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crown Motel sign in Portland Oregon needs home ASAP

Postby Kimba » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:03 pm

"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Vintage Roadside
Modern Fan

Postby Vintage Roadside » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:13 am

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:38 am

Can I say I LOVE YOU?

Or will a big fat THANK YOU suffice?
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Vintage Roadside
Modern Fan

Postby Vintage Roadside » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:31 am

Vintage Roadside
Modern Fan

Postby Vintage Roadside » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Just a quick update that the sign came down safely today in three pieces and is now with the local sign company to begin restoration. It was great to see this first, important step completed. A great victory for fans of classic signs!

Vintage Roadside
Modern Fan

Postby Vintage Roadside » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:13 pm

A couple photos from the sign removal.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”