Barnaby's Studio City: Tuscan invasion

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mark London
Modern Fan

Barnaby's Studio City: Tuscan invasion

Postby Mark London » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Sadly, I just saw yesterday that Barnaby's Burgers in Studio City has been remodeled into...surprise...a tuscan box complete with bad "shabby gothic" accents (big old black iron clock face mounted on the side of the building) The "brownizing" continues and I now guesstimate that over 75% of our city's buildings (no matter what style of architecture) are now coated in various hues of diarrhea brown....Disneyland park included.

Here's the only shot I could find of the old Barnaby's, which looks to me like the same designer who built the Hot Dog Show (red & white 50's-60's American Colonial)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”