Cindy's Coffee Shop in Eagle Rock

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cindy's Coffee Shop in Eagle Rock

Postby nichols » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

(via eater)
Last summer, a car crashed into Cindy's Restaurant on Colorado Boulevard in Eagle Rock, and after a couple months and a decent patch job, the diner reopened. But now Cindy wants to retire and rejoin family, so Cindy's is up for sale. Calling all hipster would-be restaurant operators: The hope is that the classic diner---built in the 1940's as an early Route 66 roadhouse---will be kept intact. Someone can finally do something about the food, too. Interested? Call 818.755.2737 for more info
(eater LA)

http://la.eater.com/archives/2008/04/24 ... aurant.php

losfeliz
Modern Master

Postby losfeliz » Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Find this post amusing, Chris, because I went in once looking for eggs and left, frightened by what I saw coming out of their kitchen. I agree that this is an incredibly cute, well-located place with a huge amount of potential. The world needs more, not less, coffee shops!! Debra L.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”