Richard Neutra Cyclorama - Current Article in the NY Times

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ch
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Richard Neutra Cyclorama - Current Article in the NY Times

Postby ch » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 am

This article concerning the restoration of the painting appeared today in the New York Times but with no mention of the Richard Neutra designed building that has housed it.

I can't find anything about the current status of the original building which was slated for demolition. Did it ever happen?

From the article: (When its $15 million restoration is done, the cyclorama will be displayed in the Gettysburg National Military Park’s new museum and visitor center here, filling a building that evokes a Pennsylvania round barn)

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Neutra's Gettysburg Building

Postby Josquin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:42 pm

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Cyclorama Photos

Postby modernvintage » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I was in Gettysburg last week and took some photos of the Neutra Cyclorama. I also went to the new visitor center but the painting isnt open yet, it's still being restored. I spoke with the National Parks representative regarding the Neutra building and was told it has been condemned and is scheduled to be destroyed but wouldn't tell me when. She suggested I write the Park Ranger which I will post the address when I get a minute.

Please take the time to join all three petitions to save this building.
There are 3 online petitions. I didn't find this one on a LL search. I only found the two from the Neutra site http://www.neutra.org/

Here is the link to the online petition. http://www.mission66.com/cyclorama/savecyc.html

By the way, the park was awesome.... I took the CD car tour with the wife.

this is the ramp to an upper viewing area which overlooks the battlefield and the high water mark of the confederate army.

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Judge Rules to preserve Neutra Cyclorama

Postby modernvintage » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:33 am

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

WE WON AT GETTYSBURG!

Postby modernvintage » Thu May 20, 2010 11:31 am

Has anyone heard any news on the Neutra Cyclorama? I checked out the website and the judge will not allow it it to be torn down. I don't see a date so I'm not sure when it was posted.
http://www.mission66.com/cyclorama/

DW

modernvintage
Modern Socialite

Time for action

Postby modernvintage » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 am

Rose Queen
Modern Fan

Postby Rose Queen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”