New Member in Pittsburgh

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

dannythekid
Modern Groupie

New Member in Pittsburgh

Postby dannythekid » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am

Hey everyone, my name is Dan. I'm 25 from Pittsburgh, PA

I found this site doing some Googling for Mid Century Modern Homes. I'm glad to find such a resource for this type of Architecture as it is most definitely my favorite. Pittsburgh has a lot to share as far as MCM goes.

I have been a fan of it ever since I saw Fallingwater in a book back in middle school (FLW's Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob are only about an hour and a half from where I live). The long lines, open windows and brick work is what really attracts me, everything just has "California Cool" type of feel to it.

I'm also into Joseph Eichler stuff and John Lautner from what I have seen.

I'll also be sure to post of some of the places I've found around here once we get better weather.

Later on!
Dan -- Pittsburgh, PA

Magster
Modern Groupie

Re: New Member in Pittsburgh

Postby Magster » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

"...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing..." JK

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”