LACMA

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LACMA

Postby nichols » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Try as I might, I couldn't find an existing thread about the 1965 LACMA campus.

Looks like some changes might be on the horizon.

ARCHITECTS NEWSPAPER

A Bolt of Zumthor
The Swiss architect talks to Edward Lifson about his big plans for the Los Angeles County Museum of Art

http://archpaper.com/e-board_rev.asp?News_ID=4084

ChrisLAXEncounter
Modern Master

Postby ChrisLAXEncounter » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:58 am

I thought that LACMA abandoned such plans a few years back, but is Eli Broad going to fund? If so, will it become the Broad LACMA?

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:21 am

As Govan says in interview at the end
"But I’m not sure LACMA was ready for Rem’s huge project at that time. I’ve proposed to the board a more incremental, longer-term plan. If I were to have my way, I’d like to see the whole campus transformed, edge to edge, over about fifteen years."

No reference to funding.

As regards Broad, word is he is looking for a separate site for the Broad Art Foundation museum. However, he is still involved in helping other institutions, such as his recent contribution to bail out MOCA.
scowsa

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:22 am

More on the Govan/Zumthor "plans." The link verbiage says it all.

scowsa

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”