Color photos of Bunker Hill

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Color photos of Bunker Hill

Postby davidk6 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

spaceghost
Modern Fan

Postby spaceghost » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 pm

davidk6
Special Secret Modern Agent
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

Bunker Hill 1956 Video

Postby davidk6 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 am

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Kim
Modern Master

George Mann's vintage Bunker Hill photos

Postby Kim » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm thrilled to announce that the George Mann Estate, in association with OnBunkerHill and Esotouric, is making available archival quality prints of George Mann's Bunker Hill collection-- the first in a series of the artist's incredible, unseen mid-century photographic portfolios. Prices are reasonable (starting at $40/print or any four for $125). Please check out the link if you're inclined.

http://onbunkerhill.org/georgemannshop

MODCEPHALIC
Modern Fan

Postby MODCEPHALIC » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 am

Wow just wow, so Buncker Hill is just leveled out downtown skyscrapers now.......Its amazing how a whole community can be completely scratched off the grid like that with absolutely no traces of what was before.

This reminds me of downtown Oakland Ca, before it was all dense Oak forest trees on the bay, it was all clear-cut and up came skyscrapers.
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”