Palos Verdes Estates Home No Moore

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

24x48
Modern Fan

Palos Verdes Estates Home No Moore

Postby 24x48 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 am

LA Times this morning featured a photograph of the late Moore House and another with demoliton complete. It was completed in 1959.

According to a CurbedLA article, the owner (named as Mark Paullin in the Times photo description) claimed that he did not know who the architect (Lloyd Wright) was. Not that it should matter; however, one would think purchasing a unique home would potentially bring controversy. Controversy at the Conservancy.

I viisted the property over 10 years ago and was delighted by the striking geometry.

rocketman
Modern Fan

Postby rocketman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Mr. Paullin's calendar must be a fun read -

Wednesday: Demolish the Lloyd Wright

Saturday: Burn the DeKooning

Tuesday: Melt the Tiffany

:evil:

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu May 17, 2012 4:26 pm

[If I may . . .] more Moore images, etc :

http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewtopic.php?t=4418
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

adina728
Modern Groupie

Postby adina728 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 am

According to a CurbedLA article, the owner (named as Mark Paullin in the Times photo description) claimed that he did not know who the architect (Lloyd Wright) was. Not that it should matter; however, one would think purchasing a unique home would potentially bring controversy. Controversy at the Conservancy. :-O:

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”