New member intro

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

solveg
Modern Groupie

New member intro

Postby solveg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:14 am

Hi! I am just about to put an offer on an architect designed mcm home that is virtually untouched since 1961 but needs a lot of renovation as it's been abandoned for some years. I came to this forum because I ran across your list of "how to ruin an MCM home" and I was considering doing some of those things... in fact, I still am, but I thought I'd ask you guys why not, first!

For instance... it's a concrete home in a climate that gets down to the teens in the winter. I don't know what's under the current carpet, but I'm not expecting much and I think the best option would be a floating wood floor with heating pads under it. I really don't see why that would be offensive or even visible to anyone.

Anyway, I guess I'll mosey off to the appropriate place and as this and more....

solveg
Modern Groupie

Dang... hit the wrong button. Can you move this?

Postby solveg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am

Sorry. It's late at night. Can you move this to the intro thread?

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”