In box/out box/sent box

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

In box/out box/sent box

Postby classic form » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46 am

Not working? I have messages in my outbox from 2010 that don't look like they were ever sent:)

I did notice my in/out boxs were full. I emptied them and maybe now they will send?

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:46 pm

I have outbox messages older than that!

Personal messages never really go anywhere; they just change status.

Having messages in your outbox only means that the status has not changed since you posted the message. If the recipient logs-in and reads your message online, the status for your copy of the message will change from outbox to sent. (While the status of the recipient's copy changes from unread to read.)

Now, it could well be that the board software has issues. Maybe it never sent an email to the recipient that there was a new message. (And the recipient never logged in to get the online notification.) But generally, that there are messages in your outbox, only means that it has not been read online.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”