Case House Study #20

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Catman
Modern Socialite

Case House Study #20

Postby Catman » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:55 pm

scottkaycee
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Don Hensman

Postby scottkaycee » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:27 pm

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby JAB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:06 pm

Strange in that I can't find their web site but, Dennis Smith is the surviving partner at Buff, Smith & Hensman which is still operating in Pasadena. Dennis has been very kind in providing me with information in the past. Dennis was on site during a tour of the house last October. At that time, the house was undergoing a major restoration by the new owners. It was listed in the $500,000 range.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:55 pm

do you own the house? what do you need the plans for?

I ask because house plans usually are not something architects like to part with, or sell.

The Bass House (CSH #20) is a well documented and published house. You'll find plenty of information from this book:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalog ... /01656.htm

If you are looking for a floor plan and basic information, private message me with your email adress.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”