new hideous bridge in palm springs

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SkipHome
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

new hideous bridge in palm springs

Postby SkipHome » Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:13 pm

on indian canyon south of vista chino..
Last edited by SkipHome on Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FranklinHills
Modern Socialite

Postby FranklinHills » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:10 pm

Why do you say its a "nudist" bridge? Is the Riviera a nudist resort? Are there nude figures painted on the bridge? I don't live out there so I'm not sure what the exact meaning of your description is.

SkipHome
Modern Master

Postby SkipHome » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:50 pm

Last edited by SkipHome on Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texasdago
Modern Master

That sounds horrible!!!

Postby texasdago » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:58 pm

JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent

From the OC Register:

Postby JAB » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:18 pm

Nudist-colony bridge draws attention

PALM SPRINGS - Venice, Italy, has the Bridge of Sighs. Now Palm Springs has the "bridge of thighs."

A pedestrian bridge that will connect two parts of a nudist resort - while crossing over a busy public street - has drawn national attention since construction began last month.

"I've heard it all: bridge of thighs, naked bridge, nudist bridge, you name it. I'm sure I'm going to hear more of it before it's over," said Stephen Payne, co-owner of the Desert Shadows Inn Resort and Villas.

The 110-foot span, set to open this month, has become an instant landmark. It's the only bridge, except for freeway overpasses, in the Coachella Valley.

"People will eventually look at a picture of it and say, 'Oh, that's Palm Springs,'" Mayor William Kleindienst said.

Passers-by and motorists see only the outside of the bridge. Access will be controlled by a key card.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”