Laurelwood Apts to be demo'd?

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
karimichele
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Laurelwood Apts to be demo'd?

Postby karimichele » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 am

kari michele fowler
karimichele@hotmail.com

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:51 am

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

jmosconi
Modern Groupie

Postby jmosconi » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:13 pm

I used to live there. and as far as I know (conversations with the landlady and tenants, etc.) it does have historical designation, or some kind of protective designation. I remember the landlady saying that she saves a lot on taxes because of that.

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:27 pm

Per the city, it's a Historical Cultural Monument (whatever that means.)

Deco Lover
Modern Fan

Laurelwood Apts.

Postby Deco Lover » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:02 pm

I was wondering if this complex is the one used during the opening
credits of "Joey", that stupid sitcom on NBC? If not, which apartment
complex is that? and where is it? Just curious. 8)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:20 pm

i thought that the Joey exterior is on beachwood canyon - called Monroe Manor or something like that? it's very similar in design and i often wondered about the architect of it.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”