El Encanto - AZUSA WILLIAMS FIRE

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
khummer
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

El Encanto - AZUSA WILLIAMS FIRE

Postby khummer » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:04 am

My first time to post something. Bear with me.

The fire has burned behind my house, and it was great having Pomona's Downtown Station living behind my backyard yesterday. El Encanto is behind my foothill. It should be ok. Backfires were set yesterday afternoon to prevent the fire from spreading west if the winds changed. The fire has moved more towards the forest, because of a change in the winds last night. It looks like a nuclear bomb hit. Bluebird Hill was spared which is a cluster of mostly mid-Century high end ranch home in a gated community. Many craftsmen style cabins were burned by this fire in Glendora.

I'm ok, and I hope Claremont is spared. Great mid-Century homes in that area on Mills.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:25 am

that must have been so scary - i cannot even imagine. i am sorry to hear about the craftsman homes - what a loss. but good to hear that Bluebird hill was happily spared.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”