Hey everybody!

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spaceman1961
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hey everybody!

Postby spaceman1961 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:19 pm

Just signed up after finding this site a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to say hello. I am in central Florida (a native). I've always loved the 1950's/1960's architecture, etc. I'm always sad to see how quickly it is vanishing but encouraged by the terrific posts I've read here that there are still people with good sense and good taste out there!

I also wanted to say how impressed I have been that this board is free of the childish, negative attitudes so prevalent elsewhere on the Internet. Thank you!

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:21 pm

Welcome! I was impressed with all the knowledge and maturity here as well :-) It's refreshing to share an interest with adults!
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

spaceman1961
Modern Fan

Oops!

Postby spaceman1961 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:33 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Kimba!

I just noticed I posted my "hello" as a new topic instead of replying within the "new members" thread...sorry about that!

sean
Modern Master

Re: Hey everybody!

Postby sean » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:49 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”