Is anyone familiar with architect Adrian Wilson?

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

Kimba
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimba » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:29 pm

"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nichols » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:10 am

maybe you could post the Pueblo articles here...

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:45 pm

This past weekend I obtained many family photos, newspaper articles, and even letters he wrote to my grandmother. I'm still sorting through everything, but here are a few things I have so far. (Note that his brother was an architect and engineer. I started a thread about his work: Lewis Eugene Wilson)

Lewis E. Wilson (brother), Tony Wilson (mother) and Adrian Wilson

"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

eseglin
Modern Groupie

Postby eseglin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:43 am

Excellent! Keep it coming if you can, very interetsed to learn more about Adrian (and especially his Saigon Embassy)...

Best,

Edward

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:15 am

This are some very large glossys that I found. Very kewl :-D

This is Adrian - maybe this was his office?

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:18 am

I wonder if this has something to do with the Saigon Embassy you mentioned? I'm clueless.

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:28 am

BTW, I did find more information on the Pueblo Del Rio project. My apologies for not getting back on that:

http://www.hacla.org/news_links/Histori ... xhibit.htm

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:55 am

I just found a business card with Lewis and Adrian Wilson's names on it...for offices in Japan. This office might have been in Japan. I do remember Adrian went there often and I have an old printing box he brought to my grandma from Japan :-)

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Adrian Wilson Office

Postby Josquin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:18 pm

It would make sense that the picture is of an office in Japan. Adrian's name is written in katakana, a Japanese phonetic alphabet used for foreign names and words, in that picture. The katakana are the characters on the right, the one's on the left are Chinese characters.

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:24 pm

I hope someone can help here. Its a genealogy question, pretty much! My cousin said that Adrian's son-in-law worked for his firm and "took it over" after Adrian retired. She can't remember his last name, but thinks his first name was "Lee". Does anyone know who he is? I'm trying to locate his decendents. Thanks!

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”