Spread the word - Bedfellows in Studio City SUCKS

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Spread the word - Bedfellows in Studio City SUCKS

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:37 pm

DO NOT BUY FROM BEDFELLOWS in Studio City. You can find the same products in their store at other places, on Melrose, Beverly Blvd. etc...

We went in to this store in Studio City called Bedfellows at 12250 Ventura Blvd Studio City, CA 91604-2518 USA. Telephone: 818-985-0500. and this is what happened...

We were hard pressured by the owner into putting a deposit on a sofa bed. He said he had only 2 in stock and if we didn't put a deposit on it, he couldn't guaruntee that the sofa would be available. It was a Sunday afternoon and we were in a total hurry. Against my better intuition we agreed to pay for the bed ahead of time before picking it up on Tuesday.

We did more shopping after that and found a better sofa on sale at a store in Silverlake. I called the next morning and even though we had not picked up the sofa AND it was less than 24 hours since we had made the purchase, they refused to refund all of our money. At first they threated to withhold 25% of the purchase cost. Then they said they would keep the trivial $32 for having to run our credit card.

The owner claimed he was running a small business and could not afford to not charge for this. I say - running a small business like that - can he afford to piss off a client who sends lots of people to his store?

ahurvitz
Modern Fan

HGTV program looking for furniture store with mod stuff

Postby ahurvitz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:56 pm

Last edited by ahurvitz on Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottkaycee
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cooperative Mid Century Shopkeepers

Postby scottkaycee » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:05 pm

If you are willing to drive to Pomona, (about 30 miles east of L.A.) you will find a great shop called Futures Collide, they have a cool mid century storefront on an old brick walled loft building, they are super nice, friendly , enthusiastic guys, especially Miguel, the guy who usually runs the store call 909-865-2705, tell Miguel that Scott and Monica recommended them.

ahurvitz
Modern Fan

Thank you.

Postby ahurvitz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:30 am

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.
Andrew

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”