Question - Is there anything Shag left in Vegas right now?

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question - Is there anything Shag left in Vegas right now?

Postby happy modernists in MN » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 am

Hi there, I'm going to Vegas in Jan 09, just wondering if there is anything Shag still to see or do.

Thanks in advance
Krissy in MN
I like pink toilets, pink kitchens, lambretta sx200's and bianchinas.

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Okay, I'm going to answer my own question...

Postby happy modernists in MN » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 pm

I just saw that Frankie's Tiki Room, which is just opening in LV, apparently has something Shag in it, what I don't know. I haven't been there yet, but plan on going in Jan!

Somehow I don't believe that the Shag With a Twist Multimedia Show is part of the nightly Fremont Street Experience, god that would be cool!

Maybe I can come up with another post for my thread!
Krissy in MN

Gnomus
Modern Master

Postby Gnomus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 pm

I can testify that the Shag show they had as a part of the Fremont Street Experience was very cool -- I happened to catch it around April 07. I doubt they're still running it, since the show it was promoting has closed.

Gnomus
Modern Master

Postby Gnomus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Actually, the Shag ad can be seen in my video:

http://www.vimeo.com/2262243

I was shooting on continuous (2-3 frames per second) with my still camera as long as I could before the buffer filled. Later, I combined those stills into video on my computer. So basically, it's a piece of the Shag ad greatly accelerated. This video is called Las Vegas Motion Tests and it combines a number of scenes around Fremont and up on the strip using this technique.

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi Gnomus, oh thank you so much for sharing your crazy and cool footage! So it's true, Shag was part of the Fremont Street Experience. How fricken' cool is that.
It's so much more fun then the lame ass sex stuff they put up there.

Oh well, it seems like moments of greatness disappear with a blink of an eye, you have to enjoy them while you can.

Krissy in MN

Gnomus
Modern Master

Postby Gnomus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Thanks!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 pm

dang- don- that was coooool.

check out uncle jack's blog
www.veryvintagevegas.com

Return to “Roadside Rambling”