Vintage Snow Fun from the Land of Sky Blue Waters....

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Vintage Snow Fun from the Land of Sky Blue Waters....

Postby Slim and Gabby » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Our regular vintage camping took a detour to snow fun last week.
Slim got his longed-for old style wooden snowshoes for Christmas and couldn't wait to try em out. We were able to incorporate some of our fair weather camping goods for our snow venture.

Any of you SoCal folks looking for a cheap quiet family friendly snow adventure-Sequoia is the BEST. Here's where we usually stay:
http://www.montecitosequoia.com/overview_main.html

Not ready to play Admiral Byrd just yet, but thought we'd share our fun at Sequoia National Forest. Lots of places in that neck o' the woods that still have that old-time he-man vibe.

Here's Slim admiring the scene:

And Gabby on the trail:

And here we are invoking the great god Norelco:

Anybody remember those swell santa claus razor ads from the 60's and 70's? We want to see those again! This is the best we can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWAKvlnD ... re=related

And of course the other great outdoor aesthetic of the mid century-
HAMM'S Beer. From the Land of Sky Blue WA-ATTERS (wa-atters):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QXNl5Ym ... re=related

Makes you work up a thirst just thinkin' about it, don'tcha think?

MMMmmm, HAMMS!
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

roadsidepictures

Postby roadsidepictures » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

I love the old Norelco ad! They made another one a couple of years ago. I also like the old Hamm's commercials.

Slim and Gabby

MMmmm Hamms!

Postby Slim and Gabby » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 am

Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby happy modernists in MN » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:24 pm

I like pink toilets, pink kitchens, lambretta sx200's and bianchinas.

Slim and Gabby

oh YAh

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh, Yah der hey....
in Minnesota ya gotsta do this most year round!

At least this year, anyway!
Hope you are making it through the winter OK...all the moms I know in the great frozen midwest are totally stir crazy now.
Gabby

Return to “Roadside Rambling”