One for Indiana road trip'n: RV Hall of Fame & Museum

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

scowsa
Modern Guru

One for Indiana road trip'n: RV Hall of Fame & Museum

Postby scowsa » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:37 pm

scowsa

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Cool!
I don't get to IN often, but have some family there.
We have a history of trailers book written by these folks; it's pretty interesting. Turns out most of the folks making trailers after WWII were either aircraft folks from So Cal retooling, or casket manufacturers from the midwest expanding into different markets.

Check out some of the neat resources on old trailers from our favorite supplier in Slim's restore of our trailer-Vintage Trailer Supply:

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Boo ... o_s/36.htm

Slim made our planned deadline of the re-maiden voyage on Labor Day. Not completely finished inside, but all the appliances, wood and structure are complete, as well as new solar power.

We'll have new photos soon of our 1959 Field and Stream canned ham. Flickr no longer supports photo links, so for now....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93018283@N00/4446648736/

We'll post more as the interior is completed with curtains, upholstery and loads of vintage goodies!

Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

62P&K
Modern Master

Postby 62P&K » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 am

my home state! I saw signs in an empty field just off the toll road saying "future home of...." for years...interesting to see that its finally built and open. Especially at a time when the RV industry is feeling the pain in a big way.

its hard to emphasize to folks just how much that region depends on the RV industry.
Jennie and Zane

Return to “Roadside Rambling”