Abandonded Tiki Miniature Golf Course in Los Angeles

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

wideimaging
Modern Fan

Abandonded Tiki Miniature Golf Course in Los Angeles

Postby wideimaging » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Found a Tiki themed abandonded (for around 5 years) miniature golf course in the South Bay. Now serving as creative housing in Los Angles. With the Manhattan Beach Green line station and Northrop Grumman in the background, abandonded miniature golf course putting trap structures serve as a domiciles, July 9, 2011:

Detail:

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 pm

what an amazing place for a photo shoot.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

wideimaging
Modern Fan

Some more abandonded LA miniature golf course

Postby wideimaging » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:14 pm

If you go here to take photos remember to not disturb the residents,

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

does anyone know if there is a post on tiki central about this place offering any more info?
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.

If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

wideimaging
Modern Fan

Postby wideimaging » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:16 pm

There are earlier photos, from soon after the miniature golf course closed, in Tiki central, for a bit of history; I will be adding some more current color images.

Here is the link:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23980&forum=2&start=last&7

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:18 pm

In the early '80s I used to go by an abandoned miniature golf course in Eagle Rock that was slowly being reclaimed by nature (but was demolished before that process could get too far). It was on Colorado Blvd., on the same side of the street as Wendy's and Panang (originally an early Bob's Big Boy) and not too far from those places.

I was reminded of it when I saw Tim Burton's Frankenweenie.

A person I know who lived in the Eagle Rock area in the '50s tells me there was another mini golf course at York and Figueroa, in Highland Park (I'm guessing at what's now the senior center, but that's just a guess. The only structure at that intersection that I know to be pretty old is the bank).
"If we cannot imagine utopia--if we do not involve ourselves in imagining it--we are certain not to realize it." -- Judith Lewis, LA Weekly, September, 2002

Return to “Roadside Rambling”