SF Bay Area sites to see?

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

DecaturMod
Modern Groupie

SF Bay Area sites to see?

Postby DecaturMod » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 am

The DecaturMod family will be visiting the Bay area the last week of July and are looking for tips on interesting mid-century sites to see, vintage stores, etc. in SF and the Bay Area. Has anyone been on the Heath Ceramics factory tour in Sausalito?

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 pm

There was a young girl from Decatur
Who went to sing in the Thee-ate-er
The poor little thing
She started to sing
And they threw her a rotten Tom-ate-er

Well, that had nothing to do with anything now, did it?

But chances are I'm already too late for your visit. But you know, if you couldn't find modern things to do in San Francisco using your search engine, then you need to use a better search engine. Poor Richard's Search Engine might have been the best they had in the day, but times have changed.

And also search Lotta Living because there are plenty of hits on San Francisco, including this one with some suggestions just a few threads down on this page:

http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=16865

Have a great time!

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Curious to know how your trip was. Did you get to visit any spots? Were you able to get over the Golden Gate to San Rafael to see the Eichler tract at all?
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

babyblue65bird
Modern Master

Postby babyblue65bird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:41 pm

if you're in the bay area, check out Original Joe's of Westlake!

Great MCM restaurant architecture plus great food. Avoid being seated in the Cascade Room, opt for a seat at the counter and watch the frenetic activity at the grill--

http://joesofwestlake.com/
Where are we going & what are we doing in this handbasket?

Return to “Roadside Rambling”