Bonnie Springs, Nevada

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Bonnie Springs, Nevada

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:00 am

Has anyone ever been to Bonnie Springs? I'm told it's about 30 miles outside of Las Vegas and looks like a ghost town.

In the '70s there was a wax museum there called The Spirit of Old Nevada. I have one postcard of it. Did anyone go there?

lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bonnie Springs at Old Nevada

Postby lasvegaslynn » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:32 pm

Plesset,
I was just out there in January interviewing the owner, Miss Bonnie herself.

Bonnie Springs Ranch has been there for over 50 years. The original bar and dining room are still there. There are horse stables for guided horseback rides.

It was originally a bar and dude ranch. She had small cottages where you could stay the weekend and a swimming pool. My folks used to celebrate once a summer by spending a weekend there. We used to go horseback riding and loved the duck pond.

They added on about 20 years ago with an old Ghost Town called Old Nevada. Some of the buildings came from actually old towns in Nevada and I suspect, some may have come from Roy Rogers Museum when it closed up in Apple Valley a few years back.

There's an old frontier wedding chapel where you can get married.

She closed down the little cottages and now has a small motel where guests can stay. There is now a rather large petting zoo as well. The place was jumping when were there on Sunday, Jan. 16th.

Miss Bonnie and her late husband, Al designed the bar and dining room and Miss Bonnie made all the lamp shades out of old bottles. Al built most of the original tables and chairs that were used. Those are probably long gone but the lamp shades are still there.

It's still a cool place to go.
Lynn in Sherman Oaks

www.classiclasvegas.squarespace.com (blog)

www.classiclasvegas.com (website)

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:33 am

roadsidepictures
Special Secret Modern Agent

Wax Museum at Bonnie Springs...

Postby roadsidepictures » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:48 pm

What a cool place! They have what looks like the interior of a mine with a wax miner among other characters...I think I can still purchase different postcards of the scenes inside the wax museum...they're about 25 years old or older. As a child we never went inside as the cost was too high. In the 1980s a friend of mine got a job as a gunfighter so my girlfriend and I went there to watch. It was a cool place! I liked Westworld (Old Vegas) on Boulder Highway more. They had a great mystery mine, go carts, a train ride, a carousel and many other attractions. It was built in the shape of a fort and had a tiny stream (mostly dry) running around the fort.

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Re: Wax Museum at Bonnie Springs...

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:34 pm

roadsidepictures
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby roadsidepictures » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:53 pm

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:40 am

Return to “Roadside Rambling”