Cabazon dinosaurs now evangelical Christians

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Cabazon dinosaurs now evangelical Christians

Postby nichols » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:53 am

http://www.agilitynut.com/dinos4.html

LA TIMES

http://www.latimes.com/news/printeditio ... 0735.story

August 27, 2005

COLUMN ONE

Adam, Eve and T. Rex

Giant roadside dinosaur attractions are used by a new breed of creationists as pulpits to spread their version of Earth's origins.

By Ashley Powers, Times Staff Writer

CABAZON, Calif. — Dinny the roadside dinosaur has found religion.

The 45-foot-high concrete apatosaurus has towered over Interstate 10 near Palm Springs for nearly three decades as a kitschy prehistoric pit stop for tourists.

Now he is the star of a renovated attraction that disputes the fact that dinosaurs died off millions of years before humans first walked the planet.

Dinny's new owners, pointing to the Book of Genesis, contend that most dinosaurs arrived on Earth the same day as Adam and Eve, some 6,000 years ago, and later marched two by two onto Noah's Ark. The gift shop at the attraction, called the Cabazon Dinosaurs, sells toy dinosaurs whose labels warn, "Don't swallow it! The fossil record does not support evolution."

The Cabazon Dinosaurs join at least half a dozen other roadside attractions nationwide that use the giant reptiles' popularity in seeking to win converts to creationism. And more are on the way.

"We're putting evolutionists on notice: We're taking the dinosaurs back," said Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis, a Christian group building a $25-million creationist museum in Petersburg, Ky., that's already overrun with model sauropods and velociraptors.

"They're used to teach people that there's no God, and they're used to brainwash people," he said. "Evolutionists get very upset when we use dinosaurs. That's their star."

The nation's top paleontologists find the creation theory preposterous and say children are being misled by dinosaur exhibits that take the Jurassic out of "Jurassic Park."

"Dinosaurs lived in the Garden of Eden, and Noah's Ark? Give me a break," said Kevin Padian, curator at the University of California Museum of Paleontology in Berkeley and president of National Center for Science Education, an Oakland group that supports teaching evolution. "For them, 'The Flintstones' is a documentary."

Tyrannosaurus rex and his gigantic brethren find themselves on both sides of the nation's renewed debate over the Earth's origins and the continuing fight over whether Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species" or Genesis best explains the development of life.

Science holds that dinosaurs were the Earth's royalty for about 160 million years. Their reign ended abruptly, possibly after a meteorite smacked into the planet, but they're considered the forebears of birds.

Unearthing dinosaur bones that are millions of years old "doesn't prove evolution, but it shows the Genesis account doesn't work," said Nick Matzke, a spokesman for the National Center for Science Education.

Drivers who pull off Interstate 10 in Pensacola, Fla., are told a far different story at Dinosaur Adventure Land. Its slogan: "Where Dinosaurs and the Bible meet!"

The nearly 7-acre museum, low-tech theme park and science center embodies its founder's belief that God created the world in six days. The dinosaurs, even super carnivores such as T. rex, dined as vegetarians in the Garden of Eden until Adam and Eve sinned — and only then did they feast on other creatures, according to the Christian-based young-Earth theory.

About 4,500 years after Adam and Eve arrived, the theory goes, pairs of baby dinosaurs huddled in Noah's Ark, and a colossal flood drowned the rest and scattered their fossils. The ark-borne animals repopulated the planet — meaning that folk tales about fire-breathing beasts are accounts of humans battling dinosaurs, who still roamed the planet.

Kids romping through the $1.5-million Florida theme park can bounce on a "Long Neck Liftasaurus" swing seat; launch water balloons at a T. rex and a stegosaurus, and smooth their own sandbox-size Grand Canyons, whose formation is credited to the flood. A "fossilized" pickle purports to show that dinosaur bones could have hardened quickly. Got an upcoming birthday? Dinosaur Adventure Land does pizza parties.

"Go to Disneyland, they teach evolution. It's subtle; signs that say, 'Millions of years ago' " said evangelist Kent Hovind, the park's founder. "This is a golden opportunity to get our point across."

Carl Baugh opened his Creation Evidence Museum in the 1980s near Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, Texas, where some people said fossilized dinosaur tracks and human footprints crisscrossed contemporaneously. The Texas museum sponsors a continuing hunt for living pterodactyls in Papua New Guinea. Baugh said five colleagues have spotted the flying dinosaurs, "but all the sightings were made after dark, and we were not able to capture the creatures."

Organizers at Creation Research of the North Coast in Humboldt County, Calif., dream of building their own reptile park but lack funding and acreage. So do leaders at Project Creation in Mount Juliet, Tenn., who would need to raise about $1 million to assemble 30 to 50 pterodactyl and brachiosaur replicas to mingle with live chickens and goats.

At the Institute for Creation Research museum in Santee, a San Diego suburb, officials plan to enlarge its paleontological offerings.

"We like to think of [dinosaurs] as creation lizards, or missionary lizards," said Frank Sherwin, a museum researcher and author.

A 50,000-square-foot Answers in Genesis museum and headquarters is under construction near the Ohio-Kentucky border, where the group hired a full-time dinosaur sculptor. When the facility opens in 2007, the lobby will spotlight a 20-foot waterfall and two animatronic T. rexes hanging out with two animatronic children dressed in buckskins.

The creation museums are riling mainstream Christian denominations that believe the Earth is billions of years old and that God uses evolution as a tool. This conviction makes modern science compatible with their faith in a creator.

"Taking the Bible as astronomy or physics is blasphemy. They're treating it as an elementary textbook and it's not," said Francisco J. Ayala, a UC Irvine evolutionary biology professor and ordained Dominican priest.

"We believe that God created the world…. They misread, misquote and misuse the Bible, but they will lose out to science," said Ayala, a past president of the American Assn. for the Advancement of Science.

Hugh Ross, an astrophysicist and founder of Reasons To Believe ministry in Pasadena, frets that "young-Earth theologians" damage the credibility of scientists who are Christian and push intellectuals away from religion.

"I'd put them in the same category as flat-Earth people and the people that think the sun goes around the Earth," he said. "They think they're defending the truth, but the young-Earth model has no scientific integrity."

Advocates of the intelligent design idea, who assert that certain features of life are best explained by a creative intelligence, bristle at being lumped in with young-Earth creationists. There's little question that the Earth is billions of years old, said John West, senior fellow at the Discovery Institute, a public policy think tank in Seattle that is critical of Darwinian theory.

"Critics would rather tar everyone with the brush of creationism," said West, who teaches political science at Seattle Pacific University. "I think the idea that Genesis provides scientific text is really farfetched."

Creationists defend their dinosaur museums and attractions as a way to teach a grander purpose: If the Bible's history is accurate, then so is its morality.

"If [evolutionists] convince people that dinosaurs are exotic, strange creatures, they've won right there, and the Bible looks like a book of Jewish fairy tales," said Sean Meek, executive director of the Tennessee group Project Creation.

In Cabazon, it was the apatosaurus' underbelly that first enticed an Orange County developer a decade ago.

Gary Kanter had driven to the desert to size up Dinny the dinosaur and the 60 surrounding acres of scrubland, with the idea of expanding the adjacent truck stop.

While gawking up at the dinosaur's tummy, Kanter imagined the beast's tree-trunk legs lumbering across the barren plain.

"He's like a movable Golden Gate bridge," he recalled thinking when he reached his epiphany: Dinny was the perfect pitchman for a higher power.

Kanter's development company bought the site from the family of the late Claude K. Bell for $1.2 million.

Bell, an ex-sculptor at Knott's Berry Farm, crafted Dinny from discarded steel and concrete in the 1960s.

The mayor of Cabazon at the time called the reptile an eyesore. The apatosaurus once sheltered two dozen people during a snowstorm and starred in an ad for an air-conditioning company that bragged about cooling the beast.

Bell eventually added Mr. Rex, a 65-foot-tall tyrannosaurus. The creatures' red eyes glare in tandem at nighttime drivers and on postcards that show Mr. Rex chomping a freeway sign. In 1985, actor Paul Reubens climbed inside Rex for the film "Pee-wee's Big Adventure," peering through 50 spiky teeth.

Kanter and his wife, Denise, are Christian home-schooling advocates who are hosts on a DVD titled "How to Home Educate with Ease." After the gift shop vendor's lease expired, Denise Kanter posted an essay on the Christian website Revolution Against Evolution, seeking volunteers for the attraction.

"Our national museums (that we fund through our taxes) leave millions of people with information that they are no more than an evolved rock," she wrote. "The destruction of millions of souls has been devastating."

Pastor Robert Darwin Chiles offered to transform the Cabazon Dinosaurs from tourist stop to place of worship.

The pastor and the Kanters now hope to turn Mr. Rex's innards into exhibits about cryptozoology — the study of speculative creatures, such as Bigfoot — and creationism. They will somewhat mirror those in Santee, which takes visitors from Genesis to modern times with placards that say Darwin "came at just the right time to be the catalyst for a revival of ancient paganism" and that evolution birthed Communism, racism and Nazism.

"It's what we call marketplace ministry. I bring the Gospel to the people," said Chiles, who runs a nondenominational church at the attraction, inside Bell's rickety old home.

Kids flock to the huge statues. "And it's not like they're crying, 'Oh, mommy, take me out, I'm scared.' They're drawn to it," Chiles said. "There's something in their DNA that knows man walked with these creatures on Earth."

The Kanters intend to spend $2 million to $3 million to add a giant sand pit where kids would rummage for fossils, a center that would contrast creation and evolution arguments, a maze and a replica of Noah's Ark. All that alerts visitors now is a cryptic sign that asks, "Is evolution true?"

Parents glanced past it on a recent afternoon as their children raced toward the growling dinosaurs. Boys wedged their heads between a smaller carnivore's teeth, or smacked its mouth with toy swords. Toddlers hugged Dinny's legs while one family crowded under his tummy in party hats, unwrapped presents and bonked a stegosaurus piñata.

Douglas Bant and his wife ushered their kids from gift shop to minivan for the trip back to Scottsdale, Ariz. The couple teach their children about Jesus, but Bant was miffed about a dinosaur trying to do the same.

"Who thinks, 'I'm going to open a gift shop and convince people this is church'?" he said. "Why would you turn a toy for kids into some sort of religious crusade?"

Corina Shreve had pulled off the highway with her son and daughter.

The family, from Westminster in Orange County, drops in on Dinny maybe twice a year. Shreve said a staffer recently piled pamphlets about creation onto her 6-year-old son Aeron's hands and told him to pass them to friends.

When Aeron asked his mom during this year's visit for a T-shirt, Shreve balked at buying the only one in his size. It read "By Design and Not By Chance."

http://www.latimes.com/news/printeditio ... 0735.story

Chimay
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Chimay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:08 pm

The evangelicals frighten me a lot more than the dinosaurs.
Friends don't let friends live in McMansions
House pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/88017382@N ... 387250721/

hoodlam
Modern Master

Postby hoodlam » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 pm

well thats too bad

Chimay

Postby Chimay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:02 pm

Yes, it is too bad.

Velas
Modern Master

Postby Velas » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:20 pm

what?~!?

Was this article in the ONION or something????

Thats craaazy. Oh man..?
ww.panoramaonview.org

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:28 pm

Chimay

Postby Chimay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:59 pm

Here's an article from the Onion last week on a similar topic:

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

TOPEKA, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

The dinosaur one is funnier, though.

http://www.theonion.com/index.php?issue=4133

Chimay

Postby Chimay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:10 pm

This whole thing reminds me of something:

BEDEVERE
So how can we tell if she is made of wood?

FIRST VILLAGER
Make a bridge out of her.

BEDEVERE
Ah ... but can you not also make bridges out of stone?

ALL
Ah. Yes, of course ... um ... err ...

BEDEVERE
Does wood sink in water?

ALL
No, no, It floats. Throw her in the pond! Tie weights on her. To
the pond.

BEDEVERE
Wait. Wait ... tell me, what also floats on water?

ALL
Bread? No, no, no. Apples .... gravy ... very small rocks ...

ARTHUR
A duck.

They all turn and look at ARTHUR. BEDEVERE looks up very impressed.

BEDEVERE
Exactly. So... logically ...

FIRST VILLAGER
(beginning to pick up the thread)
If she ... weighs the same as a duck ... she's made of wood.

BEDEVERE
And therefore?

ALL
A witch! ... A duck! A duck! Fetch a duck.

FOURTH VILLAGER
Here is a duck, Sir Bedevere.

BEDEVERE
We shall use my largest scales.

He leads them a few yards to a very strange contraption indeed, made of wood and rope and leather. They put the GIRL in one pan and the duck
in another. Each pan is supported by a wooden stave. BEDEVERE checks
each pan then ... ARTHUR looks on with interest.

BEDEVERE
Remove the supports.

Two PEASANTS knock them away with sledge hammers. The GIRL and the duck swing slightly but balance perfectly.

ALL
A witch! A witch! Burn her! Let's make her into a ladder!

BEDEVERE
Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

ARTHUR
I am Arthur, King of the Britons.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

And the

Postby modfan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:56 pm

dinosaurs were in that 'Tears For Fears' music video 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World'.
and from the other post:
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

I saw a bumper sticker once it said-there is no gravity-the earth sucks.

contos
Modern Fan

Postby contos » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:01 pm

And, one of my favorite lines from the movie immediately preceds that...

"She turned me into a newt....I got better!" :P

Chimay

Postby Chimay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Love it, yes. A bit off topic - inasmuch as we have a topic here - but my favorite scene in that film is when they come across the French in the castle in the middle of England:

King Arthur: [W]hat are you then?

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king.

Sir Galahad: What are you doing in England?

French Soldier: Mind your own business.
-----
French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, so-called Arthur-king, you and your silly English kiniggets.
-----
French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

http://arago4.tn.utwente.nl/stonedead/m ... a/08-08.ra

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:57 pm

Jesus Christ! Arguing with an evangelical is like arguing with a rock, or a duck, or a bridge. Same stupid thing.

Dustyman73
Modern Master

Postby Dustyman73 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:18 pm

Lynxwiler wrote:Jesus Christ! Arguing with an evangelical is like arguing with a rock, or a duck, or a bridge. Same stupid thing.

There is no need on this board for hate. If you toe a line on the subject, fine. Not all will. There are evangelicals that frequent these boards, such as myself. Spouting this kind of crap does nothing of value to this forum.

Oh, and if someone does not always buy your argument, it is not neccesarily them who are wrong. :wink:

MD²

Postby MD² » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 pm

--
Last edited by MD² on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:50 pm

I haven't read any of the arguments supporting 6000-year-old dinosaurs; what is the answer to carbon dating as proof of age?

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

deanna b
Modern Master

Postby deanna b » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:29 am

So what will happen to Claude Bell's Evolution of Man busts that are sculpted into the interior of Dinny the Dinosaur?

This whole thing is just beyond wrong. The Cabazon dinosaurs were meant to teach children about science. Bell personally added the display inside to teach about evolution.

Now it's being used to teach that science is wrong, scientists know nothing, don't believe anything they say, don't believe anything except the evangelical church's strict interpretation of the bible that's rejected by other Christian denominations. It's like the Downey McDonalds being bought by a militant vegetarianism society, or Tom Cruise buying the birthplace of Sigmond Freud in order to turn it into a "Psychiatry Kills" museum. Using the dinosaurs to promote an anti-science agenda is 180 degrees away from what Claude Bell had in mind when he built them.

And now, parents who don't want their children proselytized to will stop taking them to see the dinosaurs, and adults who don't agree with the new owners will stop coming as well. If the evangelicals eventually sell the property, will the tourists ever come back? Instead of having happy memories of those neat concrete dinosaurs, they'll remember it as that creepy place where these strange people tried to convert them to their church. Not exactly the warm and fuzzies that entice people to return.

ch

Postby ch » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:41 am

There is no need on this board for hate

Interesting how when you express disdain for evangelicals they will always cry "foul" and yet their entire message is how everyone who is not them is wrong, sinful, damned to hell, perverse and what-have-you.

It is not hate if I laugh at the ridiculous of Noah's ark being full of dinosaurs - it's just the complete and utter comedy of it.

modfan

The dino's

Postby modfan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:25 am

Ultimately it's gonna be all about the money. If the evengel. christians can get enuf butts thru the doors to buy religious anti evo tchokes then that's the test-not if God is on their side etc.-it's appears to be not owned by a church so it's still paying property taxes, I dunno if the previous owner was a success, but the new owners have to make some money off the adjacent truck stop so the food will have to be good and reasonable, and the gas not outrageously priced and the restrooms clean, if the apply the religious theme too heavily with crappy religious music and sermoninzing on the speakers thruout and bible quotes on the restroom toilet paper it's gonna turn a lot of folks off and drive potential paying customers away. I dunno how successful it may be, when Bible Land ('See the Last Supper molded in tons of sand') moved a few miles down the fwy. when US395 was rebuilt to I-15 down by where you leave Temecula to Fallbrook-it failed miserably, you might see some remnants on the n. side of the fwy. near Calimesa. And remember they're kinda competing with Casino Morongo and Premium Outlet shopping which is almost next door. We'll see.
Shreve said a staffer recently piled pamphlets about creation onto her 6-year-old son Aeron's hands and told him to pass them to friends.
-if they were distributed for free and they didn't pay for them-that might be telling-businesses would charge for that, if folks don't want it , and they don't buy-that's gonna be the test, unless they wanna use the pamplets's for fireplace kindling-papers is a good starter kindling.

PacificaModern
Modern Master

Use of the dinosaurs

Postby PacificaModern » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:18 am

Personally, I thought the dinosaurs reached the pinnacle of potential when they were used as the site where Pee Wee Herman could've gotten lucky with a waitress from the truckstop...

Talk about creepy! Now there's some fine cinema.

and now back to my :cheers: oops! kind of early for that, never mind.

sky

Postby sky » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:16 am

This is a great thread! Dinosaurs, Monty Python (The Black Knight: "It's just a flesh wound!"), flames, and Pee Wee Herman. Who could ask for anything more?

PacificaModern: Pee Wee wasn't interested in getting lucky that way. (Dottie was hot and willing, and also shunned by Pee Wee.) He was, after all, a loner; a rebel. And as for being too early for "that," I think you can see in this thread that time has an ambiguous quality to it. And besides, "that" is probably the one thing most needed here. :cheers:

And Lynxwiler: I have one word for you: AFLAC! (Well, maybe more than one word - was your reference to JC intentional humor?)

Nostradamus says: This thread doesn't make it through the end of the day today.

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Re: Use of the dinosaurs

Postby spinsLPs » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:20 am

PacificaModern wrote:Personally, I thought the dinosaurs reached the pinnacle of potential when they were used as the site where Pee Wee Herman could've gotten lucky with a waitress from the truckstop...

First Texan: "Hey, kid. What's your name?"

Pee-wee: "I ... can't remember."

Second Texan: "Where ya from?"

Pee-wee: "I can't remember."

First Texan: "Can't ya remember anything?"

Pee-wee: "I remember ... the Alamo."

Crowd of Texans: "Yaaa-hooooo!!"

How much do you wanna bet this thread gets taken off of here? :wink:

PacificaModern
Modern Master

Postby PacificaModern » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:23 am

...Blue! NO! GREEN! AYAHHHHHHHHHHHGH!!!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:52 am

Ha ha, funny funny...

Now, let me remind ya'll that religion, just like politics, isn't allowed on the board. I am not sure if there is an actual topic to get back to, but please refrain from behavior and comments that someone, even an evangelical christian, may find offensive.

Thank you

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:13 am

Religion, politics, science...it's all a lot of stuff made up by people to make sense of the world. What's important is that giant dinosaurs around the globe are preserved. They don't care about empirical data and junk like that; they just want to bask in the sun, and whoever their caretakers be, I say we stand behind them. No-one will ever make sense of the world, which is why giant dinosaurs are cool. Does that make any sense?

And for the record, despite being a Cultural Hebrew, I've gotten a lot more out of the NT than any ol' science book. Conversely, I'm very surprised at all of you for not quoting Life Of Brian..which I won't do, for fear of running afoul of the board's laws...ahem.

Point being, if some beautiful modern church -- an AQJ, say -- were bought by the "World Atheist Society" or somesuch, and they pledged to restore it to the nth degree, would we be grousing?

Such is the work of man, guided by the able hand of...something.

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:16 am

Yes, my reference to JC was intended to be humorous. Just like this evangelical quote from the LATimes article:

Kids flock to the huge statues. "And it's not like they're crying, 'Oh, mommy, take me out, I'm scared.' They're drawn to it," Chiles said. "There's something in their DNA that knows man walked with these creatures on Earth."

Interesting. First, when did evangelicals start believing in the qualities of DNA, but not the rest of junior high science? Second, if dino-knowledge was in our DNA, wouldn't children run from the giant flesh-eating lizards like in a B-movie?

Oh right, we're not going to discuss religion on this board. Oops.

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:25 am

First stone! Good callback!

And maybe dinos were peaceful in their Edenic state...until they ate from the tree of...never mind.

Yes, no more religion. Although I do want to say that synogogues of the 60s and 70s are the singularly weirdest building type ever.

BTW, "evangelical" doesn't necessarily connote ardent adherence to the Four Books -- it could mean a zealous enthusiasm for anything. We're all evangelical Modernists here!

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:21 pm

Nathan,

A good number of those synoguges were designed by L. A. architect Sidney Eisenshtadt. He did over 100 around the country. Wish there was a book on him. . .

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:40 pm

Reeeeeaaaaaalllllllyyyyy?

Huh. Wonder if Eisenshtadt did my beloved B'Nai Brith in Goleta. Did he do a gaggle of Floridian 'gogues?

Well, if there needs to be a book on him, maybe THAT'S my project for next year!

MD²

Postby MD² » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:17 pm

--
Last edited by MD² on Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:49 pm

Nathan,

I am concerned that Eisenstadt may no longer be with us. His name is not listed in the Register of California Architects. And architects usually keep their liscence for ever. I met him a few years ago and I think he was in his 90's then.

I think Juluis Shulman photographed a number of his projects. So someday, go up the Getty and take a look!

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer

www.glassandsteel.com

Return to “Roadside Rambling”