Farrell's is on the Way Back

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JAB
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Farrell's is on the Way Back

Postby JAB » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:43 am

Let's have a Lotta Livin' Ice Cream Social!

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/a ... ?id=29894§ion=LOCAL&subsection=LOCAL&year=2003&month=3&day=14

Adriene
Modern Master

Postby Adriene » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:03 pm

Has anyone been to the Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor that opened up in Saugus at the Mountasia Family Fun Center?

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:15 pm

Dustyman73
Modern Master

Postby Dustyman73 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:50 am

It would be nice to see them make a comeback. It seems that once you take away the originality and character of a place, it goes downhill. However,I don't know how well Farrell's would do here in the Sacramento area due to the lingering memories of the tragic '72 jet crash into one in south Sac. :(

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:12 pm

The picture in the Orange County article showed a guy in a standard paper hat, not a straw hat. I hope that they will bring back ALL the 1906 visual attraction of the original, not just the name.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:22 pm

minx
Modern Master

Postby minx » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:46 pm

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I worked at Farrell's

Postby modfan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:55 pm

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Farrell's

Postby moderns-r-us » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:48 pm

Spike
Modern Socialite

Postby Spike » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:59 am

Has anyone been to the "new" Farrell's in Santa Clarita, in some kind of family arcade? Is it anything like the original?

Daddy-O
Modern Groupie

Postby Daddy-O » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 am

I went there for my birthday a couple of years ago to relive those old memories. As my wife says,"It's nowhere near as cool as the original." I'd have to agree.

Only the envy I felt, when another table ordered a Zoo, reminded me of my youth. I always wanted the sirens and drums coming to my table!!!

The food was not good, the ice cream was ok, the decor was cheap and, in turn, really depressing -- even though they made an effort to achieve the same vibe.

It was fun to go once to check it out... but I knew that it was my last visit.

Aaron

deanna b
Modern Master

Postby deanna b » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:46 pm

woweee!
farrell's is soooo perfect for DCA! it would actually make it worth a visit.

Mod Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Mod Diva » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:25 pm

I recently have been to the Farrells in Saugus. A Pigs trough was one of my cravings when I was pregnant. One day all I could think about was Farrells and I put it on my GPS and there it was- The one in Saugus isn't as good as the one I remember in the Bay Area as a kid and the service there is TERRIBLE! Iwent there twice when I was pregnant and it took over an hour for us to get our food ( and that was on a weekday in the mid afternoon) Apparently there's on in Hawaii in Kaneohe.. I'm sure we'll be going there when we go to Hawaii in November.
Cheers,
mod diva
[img][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/moddiva10019/Preggos/DSC02913.jpg[/img][/img]

deanna b
Modern Master

Postby deanna b » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Here's my photos of the Santa Clarita Farrell's, taken a few months ago:

(The pigs are mine, not theirs, they're just being used to display the ribbons)

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Wow, thanks!!

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:40 am

Return to “Roadside Rambling”