Tonga Hut Tiki Bar

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bluecherub
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tonga Hut Tiki Bar

Postby bluecherub » Thu May 01, 2003 8:11 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu May 01, 2003 9:37 pm

My writer pal, matt, said he talked to the new owner, mary, and she was hip to improving the music into more loungy standards in lieu of the troll rock and roll (not that there's anything wrong with that music - just not in a tiki bar). she also wants to improve the sign and add some neon - and lynxwiler got brian on the horn to talk to her about that. (he's the guy that restored the Pappoo's hot dog show sign)

i think the story was she took over from her old boyfriend - and actually the liquor license got switched back in late january. But let's definitely all keep an eye on the place - hopefully these pics will spur some folks to go check it out.

Some of us went for drinks there after my little art opening at the Boba Bar back in january - here are the pics of me and a few of the Tiki Central crew, etc.

Image Image
1. the tiki the tiki outside the front door - with me and c.b. howlie 2. just inside the front door
Image Image
3. inside with iuka grogg and king kukulele 4. the little tiki altar in the back corner.

troyaloha
Modern Socialite

Tunes for Tonga

Postby troyaloha » Fri May 02, 2003 7:54 am

Aloha-

If the new owner is hip to the Tiki Tunes, then perhaps it's time for a show. Perhaps Iuka Grogg and the Mai Kai Gents should talk to them about a gig.

The fabulous Cherry Capri might even be talked into a guest appearance, after all, she is Queen of the Valley

Mahalo-

Troy Aloha ***
"The Future is not what it used to be"

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru

Postby Lynxwiler » Sun May 04, 2003 11:28 pm

ChrisLAXEncounter
Modern Master

Postby ChrisLAXEncounter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:55 pm

In case anyone has missed it, the fountains are now working again at the Tonga Hut. An amazing renovation has occurred!

Photos from TikiCentral:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/ ... 2&start=30

L.A.kevin
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby L.A.kevin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:58 pm

The stuff going on at the Tonga is soooo kewel!

I love that bar! Been a few months since I've been there... 'bout time for another visit.

K

ChrisLAXEncounter
Modern Master

Postby ChrisLAXEncounter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:47 pm

Return to “Roadside Rambling”