Top Twenty + Mid Century Modern bldgs in Las Vegas

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lasvegaslynn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:45 am

Damien,

I'm not sure how much renovating CCircus may get. The elimination of the RV park and the motel rooms, if I remember the property correctly, is a large chunk of space.

Look for that to go condo/mixed use.

I think rather than renovate CCircus, MGM/Mirage may chose to implode and start from scratch with something similar in scale to Boyd's Echelon Place and their own CenterCity.
Lynn in Sherman Oaks

www.classiclasvegas.squarespace.com (blog)

www.classiclasvegas.com (website)

scottkaycee
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vegas Trip

Postby scottkaycee » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm

I was in Vegas recently and stayed at the Fremont. And enjoyed the recently remodeled retro rooms. A pleasant surprise after traversing the public areas of the hotel. The groovy sinks and angled toilets are just like the ones at the Palm Court Inn in Palm Springs.

I am not sure but I think I stumbled on to Paradise Palms, this awesome neighborhood of seemingly intact Palmer & Krisel-ish homes that meanderingly suround a Golf course, east of the Boulevard Mall? Can someone confirm this for me? There was an especially nice one painted in chartreuse and white off of Desert Inn. Looks like a neat place on the up and up. It was dusk so I didnt get a great look but I though it fit the descriptions of Paradise Palms.
How about a career in Architecture? www.scottkirkcueto.blogspot.com

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:06 am

yup - that was paradise palms! a great place to consider investing if you're looking for a 2nd vacation home in a really fun place to live/visit.

yah - we know the people with the bright lime house - they're obsessed about MidMod :wink:

JMVegas5866
Modern Socialite

Postby JMVegas5866 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 am

You mentioned in the previous post 'if you're looking for a 2nd vacation/home'... I'm actually searching for an apartment in a nice neighborhood and was wondering if there was any MidMod apartment pads/complexes around you might recommend. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be moved to Vegas within 3-6 months because I got lucky and landed an interview while I was out there 3 weeks ago. So if anyone here has any good recomendations on where to look please fill me in :)

Thanks!
Damien
South Jersey

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:26 pm

keep me posted - i have lots of leads on great mid century modern places to rent. cary and i are helping friends with cool pads get them occupied with cool peeps.

http://www.futurahouse.com

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Postby scottkaycee » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Whoa! I didnt realize you played Monopoly with real buildings! That's a great collection, I only wished there was something like that in The San Gabriel/Pomona Valleys. Oh well, if I ever need to move to Vegas I know who to call.
How about a career in Architecture? www.scottkirkcueto.blogspot.com

JMVegas5866
Modern Socialite

Postby JMVegas5866 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Damien

South Jersey

Return to “Roadside Rambling”