Ship salvage

TRAVEL TIPS, road trip journey queries, motels, coffee shops, drive-ins, bowling alleys, dinner houses, gas stations, giant objects, signs, theme parks, Disneyland, and roadside sites to see along the way

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Ship salvage

Postby Nathan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:57 am

http://www.maritimematters.com/mall_alang_pk.html

Now that's some roadside ramblin.'

djberson
Modern Groupie

Postby djberson » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:53 pm

That's Cunard's Franconia, originally built as Ivernia in 1955. These pix are of the interior as it was being scrapped last year in Alang. So sad!

roadsidepictures
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby roadsidepictures » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:22 pm

Amazing treasures! I wish I could have been there!

djberson
Modern Groupie

Postby djberson » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:31 am

I urge all of you who have a love for mid-century to donate to two foundations that are trying to save our beloved SS United States. This is one of the last vintage ocean liners left in the world, especially since the Norway (ex-France) was recently sent for scrap. The SS United States is a national treasure that is in dire need of support for its restoration, and prevention of scrapping!!

www.ssunitedstates.org
http://www.ssunitedstatesconservancy.org

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nichols » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:46 am

Return to “Roadside Rambling”